Closet apostate on the writing committee?

by sir82 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

I haven't seen any comments on this yet...

In the December 15, 2008 "Study" version of the Watchtower, in the last study article (the one to be covered March 1), paragraph 14 reads thusly in part:

"...One January evening, the man asked his wife, Jodi, what she knew of Jehovah's Witnesses. She was a Catholic, and she said that the only thing she linked to the Witnesses to was "door-to-door preaching". So Jodi typed "Jehovah's Witnesses" into an Internet search engine, which led her to our website www.watchtower.org. For months, Jodi read material on that site, including the Bible and articles of interest."

(Bold, underline, and italic mine).

Helloooo?!?!? Isn't typing "Jehovah's Witnesses" into a internet search engine the number 1 thing that the Society doesn't want anyone to do? Out of 1.6 milion hits, there are the 2 official JW sites, and [1.6 million minus 2] sites & articles devoted to exposing the lies, duplicity, and general nastiness of the WTS.

Why would a WT writer explicitly spell out exactly what a JW should never do...in an article to be studied by every JW on the planet?

It's like saying, "OK, for the next 5 seconds, whatever you do, don't think of puppies!" What's the first thing that pops into your head?

Is a rebellious soul trying to send a thinly masked suggestion to disgruntled JWs regarding exactly what they should do, if they want to find out "the truth about the truth"?

• oompa
    oompa

interesting thought...but no good dub would even think what you thought when you read that....it would be like

"what a wonderful provision jehovah has made so that millions around the world can so easily be led to our own divinely produced website".....they probably think that we will be the ONLY JW website a person doing this would be led to.....just like if they pray for help we knock on their door.......now there are younger/smarter/more doubting dubs that already know the real deal

i just liked telling my dad/elder to please please never google 607 bce....i bet that drove him nuts till he did it...but he hasn't told me if he ever did it or not......................oompa

• minimus
    minimus

GREAT FIND!

We can be encouraged that people can find the Truth from the internet!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Can't believe I missed that. Good find!

I'm sure lots of people do google dubs. I'm sure about 95% are inoculated against them by doing so.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wow great find

• oompa
    oompa

and since this is about the internet....how does the official jw site stay on the top line of all search engines????

• wobble
    wobble

I reckon an order has gone out to all beth- hell staff all over the world to hit the site as often as possible to keep it up there!

Can we start a campaign to promote this site like that?Would it work?

Love

Wobble

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

That is an interesting find...... I don't think one can conclusively draw that conclusion, but it certainly opens up the possibility!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I think someone wanted to be Hip..So they did an article about the Internet..Little realizing the shitstorm they just created..LOL!!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting indeed! How things change. Years ago someone like Jodi would be enlightened about the witnesses' message by listening to them when they knocked on her door. Now she goes to the internet to find out about them. Hey guys in Brooklyn you're sending an unintended message: "Sheeplike"ones don't need to be contacted door-to-door. Nice one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit