can we do a list of jw things that go "beyond what is written?".....

by oompa 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus never wore a suit and tie when he preached..Just every day clothe`s and sandels...........If he got enough people together he would Party!..He`d turn water into wine...And..Create Bread and Fish from nowhere!.....He`d feed the people Bread and wine .....If they got too drunk,he`d slap them in the head with a fish!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE when no historical records confirm this and the actual date is believed by nearly all historians to be 587 BCE.

The Scriptures are directly addressed only to "the remnant of anointed ones" associated with the Watchtower Society.

Only certain Christians (those in the so-called "anointed" class) must be born again.

Begetting and anointing by the Holy Spirit is reserved only for the so-called "remnant" and not for the members of the so-called "great crowd" class or anybody else.

The members of the "great crowd" class are God's grandchildren and not his sons and daughters.

Jesus is not the mediator between God and the "great crowd" of Revelation chapter 7. He is the mediator only between the "anointed class" members and God.

The resurrection of the "anointed" precedes the resurrection of the "other sheep" and it has already begun.

Only "anointed" JWs will receive immortality in the resurrection

Only the "anointed" may partake at the Lord's evening meal.

Spiritual food comes from the "anointed" class even though headquarters staff members have acknowledged that nearly all the writers of WT publications are members of the "other sheep" class.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When Jesus was on tour..He never told anyone which hotel to stay in!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jesus never made anyone wear Name Tags!..Or..Pay extra to Park their Donkey!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Individual JWs must not read Bible-related publications produced by non-WT sources.

Arrogantly promoting the pretense that the JWs maintain higher standards than any other religion and proclaiming publicly that all other churches are members of Babylon the Great.

Forbidding attendance and participation at other churches.

Promoting class distinctions such as "governing body," "anointed remnant," "great crowd of other sheep," "publishers," "auxiliary pioneers," "regular pioneers," "special pioneers," "circuit overseers," "district overseers," "zone overseers," "Bethelites," "Gileadites," "Nethinim (Given Ones)," etc.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Well the list of written and unwritten rules that are imposed on JWs are what we would call legalism i.e following laws. As Jesus said, there are only two rules to follow, love God and love your fellow man. If you follow these then that is all you need. As Paul said, if you are trying to get to God by following the rules then if you break a single one then you break them all. It is impossible so you need the grace of God i.e. his favor which you don't deserve or can earn. JWs are trying to earn it by being good, door knocking, what the bible calls "works". The bible teaches that you need faith and works. The faith will lead to being born again and then the true works will come, not by trying or working them up but because the Spirit of God is now living inside the believer and motivating and guiding him.

Theory lesson over, that is what I find in practice too!

If you need and verses to support all this then give me a shout :)

All the best,

Stephen

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Prohibiting women from serving in any meaningful role in the congregation while expecting them to do the bulk of the work in "field service."

Constantly prodding the membership by means of literature, meetings and conventions to do ever more and more in the service of the organization, promoting an atmosphere where many feel their best is never good enough.

Setting dates for Armageddon and thereby urging the membership to abandon normal living, this often resulting in the ruination of health and family life, as well as creating employment and financial hardships.

Leading the organization's members to believe that righteousness and salvation can be earned by devoted and loyal support of the organization's slavish programs.

Keeping meeting attendance and field service records as a gauge of an individual's spirituality.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Organizationally requiring no blood transfusions instead of letting it be a matter of conscience, thereby cruelly informing all members that they will be shunned by the organization if they accept a transfusion that might restore health following a life-threatening accident or illness.

The "congregation" of Matthew 18:17 is "the body of elders."

Apostasy trials and disciplinary hearings must be in secrecy from the rest of the congregation.

During a judicial hearing, information that would be helpful to a person accused of wrongdoing may properly be withheld by the elders.

Apostasy trials may be conducted of persons who have doubts or who think differently than other members.

"Apostasy" is defined as against the organization more than as against God.

Encouraging of elders to be quick to disfellowship instead of making efforts to restore persons who have done something wrong.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Unnecessarily and abusively shunning members even for minor infractions such as smoking or not complying with the whimsical directives of elders, thereby causing personal and family turmoil that often results in immense guilt, shame, fear, depression, bitterness, hatred, murder and suicide.

Prohibiting fellowship with disassociated persons who show no inclination toward causing dissension.

Showing favoritism by advising innocent victims to "leave it to Jehovah" instead of the elders taking decisive action to deal with some members (usually wealthy or well-educated or leadership members) who have been accused of harmful wrongdoing.

Ignoring or minimizing clear evidence of child molestation and other abuses simply because only one witness is available to testify against the member accused of such serious wrongdoing.

Employing so-called "Theocratic war strategy" by covering over and hiding damaging facts about the JW organization, even to the point of lying and distorting the facts.

Blatantly lying to the public by declaring to news media that members may leave the organization at any time, of their own free will and without any repercussions from the organization

In many cases, neglecting the care of their own sick and elderly members who no longer have the strength and energy to attend all the meetings and to be regular in "field service" as they did for most of their lives.

• oompa
    oompa

guys i see a lot of passion in these posts....but many of them are refutable by scripture in some way or another....lets try to keep it in list form and ONLY points that have ZERO scriptural support....thanks all..........oompa

Finally free has some good examples of both of what i am talking about:

Post 7158 of 7158
    Since 7/15/2005
    1. Positions like "pioneer" and "auxiliary pioneer". ............me....neither is pope or priest....i dont this this fits
    2. Field service reporting.....me....disciples did make a report of their work...though no names should be required
    3. Not "partaking" at the "memorial".....me...DITTO!....all in attendance partook
    4. Secret kangaroo courts..........me....Ditto!...three man judical committes not valid
    5. Literature printing and distribution........me....they all made copies of writings....so not valid
    6. A corporate entity complete with legal department......me....laws of land are approved by god...so no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit