can we do a list of jw things that go "beyond what is written?".....

by oompa 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

or if there is one already...point me to it...the longer i am here...the more i realize that the FDS/WT may have started with good intentions like maybe the Pharisees did....but they went nutso and added a zillion things not even in the bible and so have the FDS...some of these things are minor and some are not...like"

1. hatred of mens facial hair and sideburns (privileges witheld if you have too much or wrong style) also length of mens hair

2. clothing requirements, ties/jackets/suits mandatory for ministry/talks/privileges....and sisters can freeze there ass of rather than wear a hilliary clinton pantsuit or they can not be on the school

3. birthday celebration....the anniversary of our childs birth is the same importance as wedding anniversary

4. claiming it was there and using the name jehovah in the new testament when no manuscript contains it (thats kinda a big one)

5. allowing blood fractions when blood was required to be poured on the ground...never mind that the instructions were only about eating blood and that the only way they could "abstain" from blood was to not eat it or use it in pagan worship (odd that the priests used it so much in the worship of jehovah...barf)...medical use should be perfectly fine...i wonder if the fractions have dirt in it?

6. higher education is a bad thing, even if you live at home...yet high school is ok if you live at home...(and believe me...there is not any difference between the fun stuff you can do at both..but college is more likely to open your mind...not just your zipper)

7. masturbation is an evil sin

well i can go on but just how many things are there that are not supported by the Bible?............oompa

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

not celebrating/clapping when someone is repentant and reinstated

• oompa
    oompa

8. stilla--not celebrating/clapping when someone is repentant and reinstated

9. yeah stilla, and restricting privileges when someone is reinstated....the prodigal son was celebrated and welcomed back in full (from bonnzo)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa.."the longer i am here...the more i realize that the FDS/WT may have started with good intentions"..........You mean like "Miricle Wheat"..LOL!!.......The WBT$ has been a sham,from the get go!..........................1. hatred of mens facial hair and sideburns (privileges witheld if you have too much or wrong style) also length of mens hair..Rutherford did`nt want any trace of Russel left..Facial hair had to go!.................................."well i can go on but just how many things are there that are not supported by the Bible?............oompa"................How about..Door to door ministry!..Jesus never did it!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• oompa
    oompa

outlaw:
    How about..Door to door ministry!..Jesus never did it!

ya, but he did initiate it i suppose....so i dont think it can make the list

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..He spoke in public and in small groups..He never went door to door........Mary did`nt raise an idiot!..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Christianity is an organization instead of a way of life.

Salvation is dependent upon belonging to the JW denomination.

The Watchtower organization speaks for and is controlled by Jehovah, thereby equating the organization with God himself.

Authority over individual Christians is centered in an organization instead of letting Christ be the head of each Christian.

The "faithful and discreet slave" is an "anointed class" rather than each individual Christian who shows himself or herself to be responsible and obedient to Christ.

The early Christians were led by a governing body

Jesus appointed the "anointed remnant" as his true church in 1919.

The so-called "anointed" class (actually, the governing body) is God's channel and prophet.

The Bible cannot be correctly understood without the aid of WT literature and programs.

Jesus returned in 1914 and is "invisibly present" since then.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And.........Nowhere in the Bible doe`s it say you need a 4 door car..To go from door to door,that nobody did anyway!.....Jesus rode a Donkey that had 4 legs,but no doors!.........

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• asilentone
    asilentone

it is okay to lie to others as long as they are not JW.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Positions like "pioneer" and "auxiliary pioneer".
    2. Field service reporting.
    3. Not "partaking" at the "memorial".
    4. Secret kangaroo courts.
    5. Literature printing and distribution.
    6. A corporate entity complete with legal department.
    7. Worldwide construction projects.
    8. Breaks at Tim Hortons.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit