Jesus never existed!!

by jw_uncovered 41 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

CATH: Now with the information that you have posted you have confirmed what he was saying.
    IS THAT ALL IT TAKES FOR YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR CONVICTIONS? A POST MADE BY SOMEONE?
    I GUESS ARCHEOLOGY AND ALL ITS FINDINGS ON PROVING ALL THE EVIDENCE OF THE BIBLES TRUTHFULNESS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH?
    MAKE SURE OF YOUR CONVICTIONS BEFORE YOU MAKE CONVICTIONS.
    I DO WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR SEARCH.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

jw_uncovered,

I think you are a follower of this philosophy:

If you can't dazle them with brillance
    Then baffle them with Bull Shit.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • jw_uncovered
    jw_uncovered

D Wiltshire, I'll take it that you didn't actually read it then. And too answer you quote yes he/she would. Gumby so they found Jesus's remains did they? Thought so!

• jw_uncovered
    jw_uncovered

And no I'm not a follower of philosophy( although I'm thinking about learning a little about it ). It's just the big bad truth. Can't handle it eh? A little brain washed are we? Hmmm I might become a deprogrammer what do you think?

• rem
    rem

gumby,

You might want to read some books on bible archeology. You will find that what modern scholars have found and what the bible says are in some ways completely different. I suggest "The Bible Unearthed" as a starting point. You may be surprised at what you find.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

JW_,

I’ve read parts of what you wrote as I usually do when I find something that is very BIAS. I don't spend much time on such poorly written stuff.

Lets face it if something has written in a very prejudicial manner, and not what you consider a fair treatment of facts but very slanted, and the format is in a black and white thinking such as:(I'm right and everybody that disagrees with me is an idiot). Why read it extensively.

Here are a few quotes that are proof of your DOGMATIC style conclusions:

The Proof
    The assertion that Jesus Christ is a myth can be proved not only through the works of dissenters and "pagans" who knew the truth - and who were viciously refuted or murdered for their battle against the Christian priests and "Church Fathers" fooling the masses with their fictions - but also through the very statements of the Christians themselves, who continuously disclose that they knew Jesus Christ was a myth founded upon more ancient deities located throughout the known ancient world. In fact, Pope Leo X, privy to the truth because of his high rank, made this curious declaration, "What profit has not that fable of Christ brought us!"15 (Emphasis added.) As Wheless says, "The proofs of my indictment are marvellously easy."

Non-Biblical Sources
    Basically, there are no non-biblical references to a historical Jesus by any known historian of the time during and after Jesus's purported advent. Walker says, "No literate person of his own time mentioned him in any known writing." Eminent Hellenistic Jewish historian and philosopher Philo (20 B.C.E.-50 C.E.), alive at the purported time of Jesus, makes no mention of him. Nor do any of the some 40 other historians who wrote during the first one to two centuries of the Common Era. "Enough of the writings of [these] authors . . . remain to form a library. Yet in this mass of Jewish and Pagan literature, aside from two forged passages in the works of a Jewish author, and two disputed passages in the works of Roman writers, there is to be found no mention of Jesus Christ."28 Their silence is deafening testimony against the historicizers

In the entire works of the Jewish historian Josephus, which constitute many volumes, there are only two paragraphs that purport to refer to Jesus. Although much has been made of these "references," they have been dismissed by all scholars and even by Christian apologists as forgeries, as have been those referring to John the Baptist and James, "brother" of Jesus. Bishop Warburton labeled the Josephus interpolation regarding Jesus as "a rank forgery, and a very stupid one,

And as I mention If you can’t dazzle them with briliance then you poor on the BULL SHIT as you do here:
    Just trying to help you people deprogram from your mind control. If you still believe in JW/Christianity afterwards you are truely an idiot!... Of course there's always the fools in society who take everything literally. I could probably convince you people into thinking Little Red Ridding hood is a true story lol!!!
    Looking forward to you enlightening posts.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

hello out their?

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

One of the skeptical pages opens with this quote:
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
    I personally agree with this principle...and so does God, apparently...why else would there be such an emphasis on it in the Bible?
    The only issue I would have with the skeptic would be how 'extraordinary' does it have to be before it counts as 'extraordinary'?
    For example: How far does one have to go down this list before post-death appearances of Jesus count as extraordinary?
    his body is simply gone from the tomb
    he appears in a dream to his closest friend
    he appears alive to one friend
    he appears to more than one person, but only once in history
    he appears to more than one person, multiple times, but they are all close friends with similar personalities
    he appears to more than one person, sometimes large groups, multiple times, of different orientations and backgrounds, in numerous locations, across a span of a couple of years
    he appears to the entire city of Jerusalem, enemies alike, daily for a year
    he appears to the entire Near East, in the sky, continually for a decade
    he appears every day to every person throughout all time
    I maintain that the claims that Jesus of Nazareth made of his Godhood and mission (extraordinary claims!) were backed up by the resurrection (extraordinary evidence). What the skeptic often wants to do is turn my 'extraordinary evidence' into an 'extraordinary claim', requiring its OWN extraordinary evidence (an perhaps on and on, in infinite regress?)...
    And I think God actually goes this next step as well: the extraordinary claim ("I rose from the dead") is supported by extraordinary evidence (post-resurrection appearances). And maybe even one more time: claim ("he appeared") with evidence ("recorded eyewitness accounts of extraordinary range, scope, variety, detail").
    I tend to agree with the skeptic in so many, many areas--the list in the Lippard's HomePage looks almost like one I WOULD create.
    I just really believe that God has given us abundantly 'extraordinary' evidence in the resurrection, in fulfilled prophecy, in the archeological record, in the witness of our hearts...

The books (written by many different authors) of the Old Testament continually point toward the very messiah that arrived, at the exact moment in time that caused the gosple to be spread. The books of the N.T. look back to that messiah, His enemies (back then) didn't question His miracles and none of His apostles recanted even on their own lives, nor did the hundreds who saw Him. IF there had been disproof of the messianic miracle we all would have heard about it LOUDLY or Jesus would be just another footnote in history like the many false messiahs who led the jews to their destruction by Rome.....

Then go figure, Jerusalem fell in seven years, with a break in the seige at the 3 1/2 year point (the Christians left!) and thousands of years later they are gathered together again right where they belong....

One for Jan:
    Why is everyone who disagrees with your usual take, 'pseudo-scholars', 'not reputable' or 'blinded'? You agree with your world-view and naturally seek those who will reafirm your beliefs. Your 'scholars' are no better than anyone elses, in fact, they are usually much more biased than Christian Scholars, who often bend over backward to embrace skeptical standards yet still believe!
    Catholics are often some of the most secular of scholars in skepticism, yet still find miracles and still believe. What's that tell you?
    Rex

• Johnjo
    Johnjo

There are Roman documents that support the existence of Jesus, so your fantastic theories to the trash.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Johnjo.....Respectfully, no there isn't. There are references to Christians, there is a reference Claudius' expulsion of rowdy "Jews" from Rome due to the instigation of "Chrestus". Many, many have argued this was a reference to Jesus.

A good argument against this is the reference in Acts to this expulsion of Jews under Claudius.

After this, Paul left Athens and went to Corinth. 2 There he met a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, who had recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had ordered all Jews to leave Rome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit