Jesus never existed!!

by jw_uncovered 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jw_uncovered
    jw_uncovered

Look the point is that Jesus is not the son of god but the 'sun' of god :). The main themes are derived from pagan sun worship. Christianity is essentially recycled paganism, but as you know Christianity would deny such a link yet the TRUTH is as plain as day. Also I'm not an atheist. I've experienced my own delibratly induced out of body experiences, so the JW story is invalid in that case. I just prefer to find my own answers, I don't think god(?) I don't like using that name because it's been tainted, would want us to be blind by just trusting someone else to give us the answers. Thanks for listening guys :) .

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Which one of you idiot atheists has taken up a new handle and started posting the same, old anti-God nonsense pasted from some equally mind-numbing athestic garbage dump on useless disninformation?
    Cheers!
    Rex

• ISP
    ISP

Check out the Jesus Mysteries Discussion Board. There is an ongoing debate on this subject.

ISP

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

jw_uncovered,

That was an excellent writing! What is the source? I can't e-mail you because you have it blocked.

Please let me know the source. Thanks!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• ISP
    ISP

Are you prepared to believe the unthinkable?

* http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JesusMysteries/

ISP

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

John E. Remsberg argues against the existence of Christ.

. http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/rmsbrg00.htm

CPiolo

• rem
    rem

Rex,

Since when does questioning the existence of Jesus have anything to do with being an atheist? Whether or not Jesus existed doesn't provide evidence for or against god. It does put into question the reliability of the bible and the legitimacy of the Christian religion, but that is not really atheistic. If you were to question the existence of Muhammad would that make you an atheist?

And what's wrong with being an atheist anyway? :)

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • JanH
    JanH

jw_uncovered,

Thanks for sharing this piece of writing.

I have argued previously here (and elsewhere) that a reasonably good case can be made that there was no single historical person Jesus that originated the Christ mythos. On the balance, though, I think the non-existence of Jesus is slightly less likely than a real historical Jesus, perhaps a miracle teacher in the Essene tradition, actually having lived sometime in the 1st century, and having been executed by the Romans.

The problem with this piece of writing, if I may offer my criticisms, is that it is as dogmatic as the fundamentalist xtian texts that propagate the traditional view of the man-god Jesus Christ as an historical person. It repeatedly claims it offers "proof" when all it does is offer a possible interpretation of historical records. Remember that the religious traditions (mithraism, egyptian religions, etc) are at least as difficult a source criticial challenge as the xtian traditions themselves. One can often be astounded at how little basis there is for definite statements about any such ancient religion, since the sources are sparse at best.

I think the author partly falls into the same trap as many other pseudo-scholars: being so blinded by his favorite path through the maze of sources that he forgets to be skeptical to his own theories. A solid dose of doubt about his own conclusions would no doubt help strengthen the case, if it was worth strengthening, even though he would realize that conclusions should be made in more tentative form, to put it mildly.

It is certainly not the last word in the quest for the ever elusive "historical Jesus."

What is pretty certain, however, is that if there ever was an historical Jesus walking around in Palestine and doing things that originated some of the later Christ legends, he was certainly very unlike the mythical Jesus Christ that is described in the gospels. That Jesus, at least, is a myth, a man that never existed outside the minds of the believers.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

I am Jesus ........I do exist ...........all the proof you need my son is within this post .
    I wrote the damn reply didnt I ?
    Sheesh J.w.S I mean N.w.S

• jw_uncovered
    jw_uncovered

If anyone wants to contact me they can at [email protected]. First things first I'AM IN NO WAY AN ATHEIST! Nor am I a Christian, or affillated with any structured religion, the only religion I seem to be able to relate to is Buhddism, and more the meditation and inducing outer body experiences aspects. As I said before I prefer to find my own answers. And I believe you can do this by having outer body experiences also known as Astral Projection. If you would like to know more about this please feel free to e-mail me. Some websites about the subject include, http://www.astralsociety.com and http://www.astraldynamics.com. Also the book by Robert Monroe "Journeys Out of the Body" is extremely good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit