Taking the hits from the folks over the years

by Farkel 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

Over the years, I’ve been attacked by younger folks who have called me various names. “Old man” “out of touch” and “old fool” were among the names I’ve been called in my many discussions on JW related board dialogues.

Some of them were true. I am “old”. I’m 60 this year.(I feel 25 inside. Does that count?) Some of them are false. I’m not exactly a “fool”. Scratch that. Yeah. I’m probably a fool.

Yes! This freakin’ fool is having the time of his life exposing the bigger fools in BROOKLYN!

I will stop only when I am shot or I meet a kewl babe!

Farkel

• parakeet
    parakeet

If anyone can handle the hits, you can, Farkel. BTW, how's that book coming along? We're still waiting with bated breath.

Notice to all kewl babes and assassins -- stay away from Farkel until he finishes the book.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

“Old man” I'd always thought you were a woman.

• zagor
    zagor

I will stop only when I am shot or I meet a kewl babe!

LOL, sounds like a good plan.

It is unfurtunate occurance but happens all the time, it is easier for people to demonize someone, present him as a kind of a "monster" find reasons why they want to cut him off, put down etc not because that person deserves it but because it allowes them to look in a mirror and feel good about themselves despite their chronic insecurities. It is easier to follow stereotypes and paint someone as "out of touch" than to deal with own deeply rooted issues be they psychological or due to lack of knowledge.

Life is more simple when it is black or white, good or bad. Its like "Why use brain when we have our gut feeling" Nevermind gut feeling was based on their limited little life experiences of their local backyard while often person they are dealing with or issue at hand are coming to them from completely different universe so to speak.

• Clam
    Clam

Farkel: - legend and young codger.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'folks'

You must be feeling a bit mellow, at the moment;)

S

• mouthy
    mouthy

'folks'

You must be feeling a bit mellow, at the moment;)

S

Raise hand!!!! Your still a lad at 60...you become mellow when you get to my age ( wink

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Shit, physically I've felt like I was 60 since I was 35, except in my head where I'm 16.

W

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Shit, physically I've felt like I was 60 since I was 35, except in my head where I'm 16.

I'm 35, and occasionally feel like a 16 year old, but it's frowned on in my state.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear young Farkel,

Keep going lad,you've years left in you and lots to offer us on here,pearls of wisdom they are,and I mean that!

Remember too, when that Lady comes along,a man is as old as the woman he feels!

Love and respect

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit