I'm so pissed at myself... (Last Templar...)

by Kudra 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

So, the plot spoiler for The Last Templar:

They find the secret scroll the Templars had when they were shipwrecked after their last defeat by the Mamluks. They go to the church wherre the shipwrecked Templars hid some secret document (not THE treasure) and find an astrolabe (which is mispronounced thru the whole movie) that has the location of the shipwreck and a note that tells where onthe ship the treaure is hidden.

They go tothe ship, pull up the masthead (where the treasure is secreted away) but there is another storm and the girl and the FBI agent wash up on some island. Everything is lost (or so you would think!) and the FBI guy is in a coma. The girl has some sort of spiritual awakening and believes now that you can pray for someone to get better. (this affects plot later).

While wanderring, she find the masthead miraculously washed up on shore and in a cave. she retrieves teh treasure! it is a jar with a manuscript in it. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ -written by the big JC himself! So you find that this manuscript would destroy the whole foundation of Christianity. Blah blah, disprove the bible.

THEN miraculously her dad's colleague appears (apparently survived the shipwreck) and tries to get the manuscript from her. He is raving about following the truth ven if it destroys people's beliefs. You can see he is kind of going mad. She (supposedly a world-renound archeologist) says no! That, even if this manuscript IS the truth, that religion is so great and brings hope to so many people that she can't just allow all that to be destroyed... WTF?? lamest plot "twist" ever.

She hurls the manuscript off the cliff and the mad professor goes after it and dies. Whoop, the girl saves Christianity from the truth.

They we see in some sort of movie-post-script that the manuscript is actually a forgery and the Templars only want the church to THINK that they have the lost gospel of JC to have some sort of power over the church.

That synopsis might not sound so lame but trust me, the movie totally sucks.

-K

• Dagney
    Dagney

I knew it was going to be crap with the first scene in the museum...I mean, come on. But...I stuck with it hoping it would improve. Bleech.

Okay, there are tons of us on Facebook...awesome to chat with the real faces and names. I'll pm you.

xox

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wait, I have your name in my phone. I'm going to try that first. If you still have mine, you can find me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kudra..The movie is much worse,if you actually have to watch it.....You think your going to watch a Cool Movie.....Then reality sets in.....You`ve just been screwed out of time your never going to get back!..LOL!!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks, Kudra. Glad I didn't waste any more time on it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

K, found you. hehehehe

• Kudra
    Kudra

Now we're friends!!

and! no ex-JW stuff on there cause I am friends with a couple of JWs there still... I mean, I have political views, and religious (humanist) listed and they haven't said anything but I'm not going to put any anti dub stuff... don't want to be too obvious...

what a weenie I am!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Opps, I did send you recommendations...just ignore. Did before I read this. Sorry.

• watson
    watson

Hideous movie!!

The only redeeming factors....the few glimpses we got of Mira's fantastic legs!! Oh yeah!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Dagney- I have no prob being friends with any one from here or JWR but I'm not gonna post super-ex-JW stuff on my wall and "JWs suck donkey balls" on my "info"...you know, stuff like that... I don't care if people on my friend list have exJW stuff :)

I already poached some of your friends off of your friend list! free2think, sweetpea etc... ...awaiting the replies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit