Cracks in the Veneer

by mrsjones5 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Last night I was talking to a dear cousin of mine (if I had to classify her I would say she a liberal jw who firmly believes) and she said "They told me that I wouldn't graduate high school and now I'm almost 50". After she said that I waited for her to follow that line of thought to some conclusion of perhaps "Maybe they're wrong" but it didn't happen. I don't have any desire to start working on her to leave the bOrg (though I would love it if she and other members of the family would wake up) but I do find it interresting to listen to and watch the cracks in the veneer.

Josie

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My one and only JW friend recently df'd and he's said the same to me many many times. "I never thought I'd see 50 and that was it". Never went any further and I'm tired of pointing things out to him that are right in front of his face.

It's really tiring to watch and listen to JW's, gives me a freak'n headache!

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lots of cracks down my way.

There is one who works right down the hall from me. She said she's through with the BS.

I saw another in WAL-MART on Saturday. She stated the same.

These are one-time zealous door knockers.

Sylvia

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My sibling's spouse is talking about taking some more classes because, you know, "the system may go on another 20 or 30 years."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I haven't seen too much in the area I am at. However, I haven't been inside the Kingdumb Hell in quite a while, and the witlesses I do run into are so stupid that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger could shut them down and they wouldn't notice.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings mrsjones5

Maybe the "cracks in the watchtower veneer" will open wide enough so that your couisn falls through, and away from them, into the sea of reality.

Dismembered

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Mrs. J,

I'm hearing the same from friends and relatives. I was catching up with a friend and she told me that the system was suppose to gone by now. Someone else said that they never thought they would be 31 in this system and if they knew the system was going to lasted this long they would have gone to college. My sister told me about someone in her hall that was considering having kids but was hesitant because we are so close to the end. My sister told her folks told her the same thing but now her son is about to turn 15. Many are going back to school because they didn't expect the system to last this long and now they have no way of supporting themselves and you would be surprised (or maybe not) how many JWs do not have retirement savings. I know of a few that are in their late 30's and just started contributing into some type of retirement account last year because "it looks like we are going to be here longer than we expected".

So many of these folks are just going with the flow its simply ridiculous. I remember a good friend said "What if the society said sex before marriage was okay under certain conditions?" Many want out but don't know how to leave.

I'm finding that this religion is starting to "crack" for many. I can tell you that MANY black JWS NEVER thought they would see a black president in the US of A. That alone should have made many do a double take at this religion.

• dinah
    dinah

Keeping the end two or three years away in the mind of the flock will bite them in the ass.

Think about it. Those of us in our 30's, and older spent some time shocked that we are still here. I never thought I'd start to school, reach 3rd grade, 6th grade, graduate high school..........now I'm 40. If I had known I was gonna live this long I woulda taken better care of myself.

My Mom even made the comment a few months back that she may actually get old and die (she's 62--was baptised when she was 21). She was pretty depressed about it.

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is a testament to the clever effectiveness
    of the b0rg to be able to continually tease the
    "end" just beyond the grasp of the drones....

itsa comin'... dont be fooled, you miserable ingrates.... itsa comin'

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My mom , a diehard witness, made the statement to me that she doesn't understand why Jehovah allows stuff to go on so long in the congregation before he brings it to light. What she was referring to was a guy who was DF'd for molesting some younger ones in the hall. She was really distressed over it but said "I guess Jah brings it to light when he feels is the right time." But I do see a crack in her spiritual armor with this. First time ever.

I can't hardly talk to her about anything KH related anymore. I used to be able to fake it, go along with the conversation, say some neutral comments. But now, the anger just rises up and I want to scream!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit