CO's and DO's for the Midwest.

by AllTimeJeff 29 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I remember Park. Franklin C I believe. He was around the NE for a bit.

Isaac

• toreador
    toreador

I remember Bland too. He was a good speaker, but way over the top IMO.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Park was in the Midwest? I had him in Florida. Great speaker, his wife (Judy?) was on the wrong side of nuts....

I finally remembered my last CO. Steve Gillmore. Nice enough. Borgbot to the hilt...

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

Here's what I posted on another thread. These guys were all in the Midwest.

DO Sam Herd - Everybody seemed to enjoy his talks, of course that was 25 years ago.

DO Joseph Howard - About 20 years ago, he had a sister on the Ministry School at the Circuit Assembly in tears from the critical harsh 'counsel' he gave. Not well-liked in the district.

DO Joseph Wengert - Grandfatherly figure, seemed nice enough. Never met him personally.

DO Louis Beda - I think they had a cat. Don't remember much else about the guy.

DO Bob Hartman - It seemed like he was in Alaska for a time and talked about how cold is was (-30 degrees) and they STILL went out in service.

DO Steve Konjevich - Seemed nice enough, and I remember he always wanted his lunches at the Kingdom Hall. Made a big deal about people's ethnicity and nationalities.

DO Wallace Goff - Was a MTS instructor, and rarely showed up to circuit assemblies. Pretty personable guy, though.

CO Melvin Branam - Nice guy, always had time for people. Spent time with families and encouraged children. Liked to sit in the back of the Kingdom hall so he could talk to people. Probably my all-time favorite CO.

CO Robert Wickers - Seemed a little full of himself. Not the best speaker.

CO Michael Swanson - Seemed very intelligent. Didn't say much, but he was very perceptive.

CO Stanley Coberly - Former missionary who was sent home from Honduras after getting malaria. Single CO. Nice enough guy, but not much of a speaker. Not the most memorable CO.

CO Arnie Erickson - They were from Minnesota. Still had a motorhome years after the other CO's were forced to give theirs up. Older couple - I think his wife's name was Rusty or something like that.

CO Stephen Miller - Young couple who were very idealistic and zealous. They had a heart and really wanted to help people, as far as I could tell.

After that it gets kind of fuzzy.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Then there was Gary(?) Wells.

If it's the same Wells I'm thinking of, we had him in Wisconsin as a DO about 5 or 6 years ago. He always referred to worldly people as "walking corpses". Him and a local elder did a shepherding call on me during the COs visit. Kind of a pompous ass.

• R.F.
    R.F.

Purps is right....

When DeBarry was here everything was all peaches and cream...that was until his replacement Leming came into the scene. He was a real hardliner. It totally slipped my mind the name of the CO that was here when I left. Ciranko is the only DO I can think of. He's a great speaker and I actually liked him.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"Bennett, short little DO tyrant. ANd of course Chuck Velours. Ray Harriman was also a very popular CO back in the 70s."

I remember a Bennett in Oklahoma in the late seventies. He was diabetic or something and would always send a list of foods he couldn't or wouldn't eat the week before he arrived. SOB should have been glad we gave him anything. He was kinda prickish.

sooner

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Wells was a CO but sub DO'd a lot I believe. Goff actually served one time as our DO for the CA... he even commented on it.... how he was gone all the time...once out of the 3 years this was his district. (midwest)

Does anyone recognize the last name "Gamble" for a CO? In my conversation with the 2 sisters yesterday they went on and on about their new CO and how nice he was. I dont know if he is black or his wife is, but I heard they were not the same race (a big deal in this area for years because they never sent black COs and definitely not mixed couples). Younger..I am hearing 40s.

Thankfully my card is not in a congo in the town I live in.. or even the circuit I live in...part of the fade strategy.

Snakes ()

• chickpea
    chickpea

had to resurrect this thread
    due to the fact that i had the
    names of 2 former COs in the
    upper midwest pop into my head
    and i am looking for a place to deposit them!

sheldon

burdge (robert, i think)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Not sure if Kansas and Missouri are considered in the midwest, but CO Gene Brown (Heidi) have been in that area for years. Anyone know them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit