Do You Think Minorities Will Be Treated Better Due To Obama's Presence?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
  • Dismembered
    Dismembered

All groups of people in this counrty are treated just fine. Some of the smaller groups better than the larger ones.

Dismembered

• snowbird
    snowbird

On the road to civilization, the persecuted sometimes become the persecutors.

We humans are a strange breed.

It is with keen anticipation that I'm looking forward to the next four years.

Sylvia

• minimus
    minimus

I saw some (white people) not look happy when Obama was inaugurated. I hear too much racial animosity and the suggestion that the President will make blacks more prominent simply because of their color.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I would have hoped by now people would be colorblind. But, I don't see it happening.

• minimus
    minimus

Babies have shown that they aren't even color blind.

• snowbird
    snowbird

There is a lot of tension down here.

People on my job are making none-too-subtle remarks about the First Family.

It is rather amusing in a sad sort of way.

Sylvia

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Some people just bring that sh*t on themselves..

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I hope that Obama isn't pressured to prove that race is not an issue and also that he as president won't be expected to sort out race issues because that will take a lot more time and energy than one person can give.

But in an indirect way he is a powerful role model presence and that will have an affect on how minorities and majorities treat one another.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We Black people, African-Americans, whatever you want to call us, are doing better in some ways than we ever dreamed.

We just need to put our own house in order.

I hope the Obama Administration will cause us to take a good, hard look at ourselves and do the necessary things to straighten out our communities.

As I previously stated, I'm almost giddy with anticipation at what the future can bring.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit