If I had been on that US Airways plane...

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

...that crashed into the Hudson river...I'd never go on a plane again

Amazing noone was killed - I salute the Captain as well!!

/Newborn

• fokyc
    fokyc

Newborn,

IF you had been on that plane - you would have grabbed the nearest guy for a last moments ecstasy

fokyc

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    ...I'd never go on a plane again

Statistically, you would be one of the safest persons flying.

The odds of being in a commerical crash like that is 1 in millions and millions ....

The odds of being in two crashes are infintesimal.

Rub a Dub

• Robert7
    Robert7
    I'd never go on a plane again

I never understood that line of thought. If you got in a car crash (which you are MUCH more likely to get hurt or killed) would you never go in a car again?

Odds of dying in a car crash in 1 year: 1 in 6500 Plane crash: 1 in 400,000

Odds of dying in a car crash in your lifetime: 1 in 83 Plane crash:1 in 5,000

I know it's scary when you see the headlines, but statistically flying is still the safest way to travel.

Source: http://www.iii.org/media/facts/statsbyissue/oddsofdying/?table_sort_735950=3

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I never understood that line of thought.

Robert ...

I agree.

Those same people that fear flying are probably having a double cheesburger, fries and a milkshake for lunch.

Rub a Dub

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Amen to that Robert7

Dismembered <--(one who does not care to much for flying)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Statistically, you would be one of the safest persons flying.

The odds of being in a commerical crash like that is 1 in millions and millions ....

The odds of being in two crashes are infintesimal.

This is misleading as both crash events are completely independent. You aren't "safer" if you have been in one crash already. That's like saying "since our first child was a girl, the odds our second child will be a girl are now 1 in 4!"

• ninja
    ninja

hey newby....if you had been on that US airways plane...you would have had a relationship with the guy next seat to you by now....he he

• Newborn
    Newborn

IF you had been on that plane - you would have grabbed the nearest guy for a last moments ecstasy

*LOL*

• Newborn
    Newborn

hey newby....if you had been on that US airways plane...you would have had a relationship with the guy next seat to you by now....he he

I wish:(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit