If I had been on that US Airways plane...

by Newborn 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Ever heard of...

Lies

Damn lies

and

Statistics

??

Just saying I would be extremely scared to fly again...I'm not scared of flying now... I work with airplanes...I love them:-)

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

statistically flying is still the safest way to travel.

It all depends on the terms of the ratio you choose : In proportion of the mileage covered it's true but if you were taking a plane as often as you take your car, you would be dead thousand times by now.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I have a pilot's license, and though I don't fly commercial planes like that one, I understand what an incredible job that pilot did.

At the speed that plane was going, hitting the water in the wrong way would have been little different from hitting concrete.

With both engines out and literally having to respond with incredible precision essentially every second of the event, these pilots brought that plane down perfectly on the river. Dipping one wing down, catching one of the engines in the water and not the other - any slight mistake in control would have resulted in many, many deaths.

I salute that pilot's skill and professionalism.

I agree that flying is the safest way to travel. But when things go wrong, the chances of surviving a plane crash have to be much lower than your chances of surviving a car crash. Fortunately, there are far fewer plane crashes!

S4

• oompa
    oompa
    robert7: I know it's scary when you see the headlines, but statistically flying is still the safest way to travel.

actually robert...walking may be safer...and i am pretty sure crawling is for sure.....plus there is always wheelchair travel...very few deaths there..................oompa

lol...thought you might like that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit