LURKING JW: Thinking of leaving? Learn from my experience.

by SnakesInTheTower 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Wow. I'm almost where you were at 7 years ago. Still staring at the inevitable reality of having to move back to the States and going to college. Currently in procrastination mode. So, if you don't mind, could you fill us in? What has happened over the last 7 years?
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Bonsai..

I will try to update soon, I am now on a tablet not pc as I was earlier, so posting at length is tedious. The onscreen keyboard has "issues." lol

Snakes

• freddo
    freddo
    Please post it soon Snakes, it's an inspiration!
  • flipper
    flipper

Hi, Snakes! Long time...nice to see you here.

Look forward to your story - it's a good one.

Mrs. Flip

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi.

I remember when you were Sankes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Man how my life has changed from 7 years ago."

Me too Snakes, and thanks for all your contributions here, your measured, thoughtful Posts are much appreciated.

I think for myself it has come to the stage where I am not just an ex-JW, but an XXJW. All the fears, all the JW prejudices and muddle-headed thinking have long gone.

I am now a non-believing Humanist who lives a life based on facts and evidence, and that means that I am now a much more compassionate human being who actually does stuff to help his community and his fellow man.

To be truly free of the baleful influence of the JW religion it is necessary to change as a person, to "put on the new personality" LOL.

Your good advice above to those thinking of leaving will help such ones very much, as they find the road to freedom and happiness and travel down it.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

My personal advice is be prepared to loose everything, but think of the future which is in front of you. And then realise you are making probably the most vital decision in your life.Then ask yourself can I leave, with out wasting energy on counter productive hatred.

And most importantly if you decide to leave, always remember with sattisfaction there are many lucky ones who have done the same, been through the same and rebuilt there life's in a more meaningful way.

" Good Luck" what ever you decide, as life can never be the same again once you realise T.T.A.T.T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit