Who is your favorite U.S. president?

by JimmyPage 50 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Roosevelt. Because he entertained us with the Roosevelt Tapes.

Somehow, these dumkoffs always tip their hand....and we are the wiser for realizing the dirty politics that have always gone on.

It was meant to be and is being brought to a head now. It is the Illuminati plan to phase out religions by blending them all into 'interfaith'...and to phase out democracy by blurring the lines between democracy and fascism.

People want change..and its change they are gonna get. Everyone will be happy with the coming changes. Open wide and swallow the opium.

• undercover
    undercover

Thomas Jefferson

Franklin D. Roosevelt

I hope that in 8 years that I can add Barack Obama to that short list...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Best: Probably George Washington. The ink was fresh on the Constitution and the slow rot had not set in yet.

Worst: FDR. The many thousands of Japanese-Americans he packed in the concentration camps made Guantanamo look like a playground, and he committed massive sweeping violations of the Constitution. The country has never recovered.

BTS

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jimmy Carter or Richard Nixon.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

President Rutheford

B.

Hayes

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Clinton was my favorite.

Anything named Bush has been terrible.

Nixon and Ford were bad. Daddy Bush was the tree the nut fell off.

Put them two Bushes together you got a box of rocks.

Sad thing is there are more Bushwackers in the wings and Sometimes America has more

stupid people voting than smart and if they dont have more stupid people voting

the supreme court will fix it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thomas Jefferson. He wrote the Declaration of Independence, doubled the size of America for only 9 million dollars, masterminded and directed the Lewis & Clark Expedition, arguably the greatest expedition ever made on American soil, started the Library of Congress, was the biggest whiskey manufacturer in the USA, kept the Courts from being stacked by the Federalists, wouldn't enforce the Unconstitutional Alien and Sedition Act until it finally was repealed and much, much more.

I would put Clinton at least ten notches below Warren G. Harding, and I'm still being too kind to Mr. Harding.

In my lifetime there are two I would choose, Reagan and Eisenhower. My third choice would be JFK, if only for the reason he made people in America feel good and proud and he didn't do much damage.

Worst Presidents: Franklin Pierce and Andrew Johnson.

Farkel

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Grover Cleveland.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

John F. Kennedy

Lyndon B. Johnson

Barack Obama

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Voodoo economics anyone?

As President Reagan entered office in 1981 he repeatedly called for a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, yet never submitted a balanced budget himself[7]. Many on the right reflexively blame the Democratically controlled Congress for the “big spending” during his administration, even though Republicans controlled the Senate for the first six years of his two terms. Only during the last two years of the Reagan administration was the Congress completely controlled by Democrats, and the records show that the growth of the debt slowed during this period. It appears that the frequently referenced Reagan’s Conservative mythology is contrary to the truth, he was an award winning, record setting liberal spender and government grower.

The fact is that Reagan was able to push his tax cuts through both Houses of Congress, but he never pushed through any reduced spending programs. His weak leadership in this area makes him directly responsible for the unprecedented rise in borrowing during his time in office, an average of 13.8% per year. The increase in total debt during Reagan’s two terms was larger than all the debt accumulated by all the presidents before him combined. From 1983 through 1985, with a Republican Senate, the debt was increasing at over 17% per year. While Mr. Reagan was in office this nation’s debt went from just under 1 trillion dollars to over 2.6 trillion dollars, a 200% increase. The sad part about this increase is that it was not to educate our children, or to improve our infrastructure, or to help the poor, or even to finance a war. Reagan’s enormous increase in the national debt was not to pay for any noble cause at all; his primary unapologetic goal was to pad the pockets of the rich. The huge national debt we have today is a living legacy to his failed Neo-Conservative economic policies. Reagan’s legacy is a heavy financial weight that continues to apply an unrelenting drag on this nation’s economic resources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit