Does anyone hate Billy Mays as much as I do?

by Alpaca 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

How the hell does this guy get paid to scream about every product he promotes?

I wouldn't buy a single product he advertises even if I liked it.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Buying OxiClean and enjoying sparking household surfaces versus not buying Oxyclean to spite Billy Mays is indeed a tossup, until we include the admittedly remote (but nonetheless extant) possibility that every non-purchase pushes him one step closer to suicide...

• LDH
    LDH

The ESPN ad with him is pretty funny. Before that, he drove me buggy .

• Spectre
    Spectre

I don't know.....

That tweeker guy Vince with the Sham-wow creeps me out a bit more.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yeah, that Sham-WOW! guy is really a f*cking nut case!! Not only does he have a creepy New York accent, but he could have been some hobo that they picked out of the street to do the ad!!

Sham ------ WOOOOW!!! - Not!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Seriously...> BMs voice on the television is like nails n a blackboard to me.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Seriously...> BMs voice on the television is like nails n a blackboard to me.

And if you order in the next 10 minutes, he'll triple the number of nails.

Rub a Dub

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm afraid that I'm going to wear out my mute button.

W

• John Doe
    John Doe

You're not supposed to like him. You're supposed to find him annoying and get the product stuck in your head. And yes, studies have shown that annoying commercials are effective. Look at how the second poster in this thread immediately remembered Oxyclean. . .

• undercover
    undercover

Billy Mays is sooo irritating that he's actually fun to watch.

I've thought about coming up with a drinking came for all his commercials. Like anytime he uses the same catch-phrase over and over or gives that thumbs-up for Oxy-Clean, everyone has to do a shot of tequila...

Hi! This is Billy Mays for... take a shot

It's stronger than... take a shot

... take a shot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit