What it may take to get my faith back...You???

by oompa 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

But beware of the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force, are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will…as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

?Yoda to Luke Skywalker
  • I quit!
    I quit!

Watchtower theology is full of huge gaps so why can't you have them when writing about them?

As for them restoring the divine they only did it where it supported their doctrine. They didn't do it a Phil 2:10-11 where Paul was quoting from Isaiah 45:23 for obvious reasons. In Isaiah we have Jehovah or the Lord saying every knee shall bow and every tongue shall swear and in Phil we have Pauls saying that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord or could we say Jehovah...oh oh. Dug themselves in again.

• oompa
    oompa

Isaiah 45:23

By my own self I have sworn—out of my own mouth in righteousness the word has gone forth, so that it will not return—that to me every knee will bend down, every tongue will swear,

(Philippians

Sorry I Quit...but i do not see a quote here...first there are not quotation marks...and no reference is made to the book of Isaiah (as in...it is written by Isaiah...)...so why do you cite this as a quote? people often use the same words as others...common words or phrases and yet are not actually quoting someone who has used those words before...............oompa

• oompa
    oompa

THERE IS A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM...I CAN NOT GET THIS TO POST CORRECTLY...FOUR EDITS!!!.SORRY.....IT STARTS HERE........:Anator:
    I'll try to address the first question, about why they put Jehovah in the 'new testament'. They claim that since Jesus referred to a number of quotations from the 'Old Testament' such as Mathew 4:10 where Jesus quotes 'Go away Satan! For it is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service'.
    Jesus quotes the above from Deuteronomy 6.13 where it states and I'll use Masoretic Text: ' Thou shalt fear Jehovah thy God; and him shalt thou serve, and shalt swear by his name'.
    It is also interesting to note that archaeologists have discovered papyrus fragments of works which were later included in the Canon of the New Testament dating as far back as the middle of the second century. During the recent decades, though, a number of very ancient manuscripts have been discovered using some form of the Tetragrammaton into the Greek text.

LMAO for now!...and do disrespect meant at all...but you sound just like a very good, well taught JW, and maybe even one of those very clever writers up in Bethel that can make something sound good, but only be a half-truth. I researched this matter for over a year before I wrote WT, and it was a long letter..pm me if you want it. Firstly, though, please show us your source for ANY Ancient First or Second Century Christian Greek Manuscripts that contain the Divine Name! Believe me, if ANY had been found, you would have at least one entire year of every WT and AWAKE featuring this matter.

When WT says the name has been found in some Greek fragments, they are Greek Copies of the Hebrew Scriptures...the Septuagint, NOT the Christian Greek Scriptures...they are clever like that. Notice their own confession here in the Insight Book:

***it-2p.9Jehovah*** the Christian Greek Scriptures. In view of this evidence it seems most unusual to find that the extant manuscript copies of the original text of the Christian Greek Scriptures do not contain the divine name in its full form. The name therefore is also absent from most translations of the so-called New Testament. Yet the name does appear in these sources in its abbreviated form at Revelation 19:1, 3, 4, 6, in the expression "Alleluia" or "Hallelujah" (KJ,Dy,JB,AS,RS). The call there recorded as spoken by spirit sons of God to "Praise Jah, you people!" (NW) makes clear that the divine name was not obsolete; it was as vital and pertinent as it had been in the pre-Christian period. Why, then, the absence of its full form from the Christian Greek Scriptures? ***

Rbi8pp.1564-15651DTheDivineNameintheChristianGreekScriptures

***RESTORING THE DIVINE NAME........Throughout the centuries many translations of parts or of all the Christian Greek Scriptures have been made into Hebrew. Such translations, designated in this work by "J" with a superior number, have restored the divine name to the inspired Christian Greek Scriptures in various places. They have restored the divine name not only when coming upon quotations from the Hebrew Scriptures but also in other places where the texts called for such restoration .

To know where the divine name was replaced by the Greek words Κ?ριος and Θε?ς, we have determined where the inspired Christian writers have quoted verses, passages and expressions from the Hebrew Scriptures and then we have referred back to the Hebrew text to ascertain whether the divine name appears there. In this way we determined the identity to give Ky´ri·os and The·os´ and the personality with which to clothe them.

To avoid overstepping the bounds of a translator into the field of exegesis, we have been most cautious about rendering the divine name in the Christian Greek Scriptures, always carefully considering the Hebrew Scriptures as a background .

NOW oompa's PART TWO: "Restoring the Divine Name in the NT when Quoting from the OT....a flat out lie! The "Smoking gun" is in orange Highlights at the bottom.

Your answer is indeed the JW Party Line, that when the NWT sees a quote from the OT in the NT, and Jesus or the Apostles were saying that quote out loud, then they would have said the name Jehovah, so they have "restored" the divine name when that happened. Well first of all, Jewish history will show that they would NOT have said the Divine Name because that was very taboo in Jesus day....the name was considered so sacred that it was only spoken once a year, and only by the High Priest, in the Most Holy.

BTW this was no stupid "superstition" as WT claims...it was out of profound respect for their God and His Name, and they wanted to elevate the name to a much higher standard as the pagan Gods around them, whose worshipers freely spoke their Gods name. Anyone who would dare say the name in public would have been severely punished and maybe even stoned to death.

It cracks me up that WT uses the whacky "J" versions to support them Adding the Name Jehovah to the Christian Scriptures. It will take another thread on them to fully appreciate them, but the bottom line is, the "J" versions were the first to lie, and change the Bible by adding the Name Jehovah, so WT says "hey we are not the first to lie and add it, the "J" versions lied first, so we can too!".....so every time you see the name Jehovah, you will see a footnote as to which "J" versions also lied and added the name.

Now if you read the Appendix 1-D material below, it sure makes it sound like WT has ONLY restored the Divine name where they find a quote in the NT of the OT where the name Jehovah was used...like that is ok or even better...but it isn't and goes directly against:

But the real kicker is that the very cleverly written words below say they have "been most cautious" and that they are "always carefully considering the Hebrew Scriptures as a background.".....they make it sound as they have ALWAYS checked the Hebrew Scriptures to make sure they ONLY "restore" the Divine name where there is a quote from the Hebrew Scriptures........the problem is they DO NOT ACTUALLY SAY THAT THEY HAVE ONLY "RESTORED" THE NAME JEHOVAH WHEN THERE IS A QUOTE!!!!

WT soooooooo loves the name Jehovah, that they have ADDED the name DOZENS of times in the NT....all you really have to look for are frikkin quotation marks in the passages the name Jehovah is used...if there are no quotation marks, then it ain't a quote...it is a full blown CHANGE....an ADD ON Jehovah and you will find no cross reference linking it with a Hebrew Scriptures use......Just look up every use of the name Jehovah in Revelation...and you will find that it has been ADDED and that John nor Jesus were quoting ANYTHING from the Hebrew Scriptures.....not ONCE!!......they just frikkin changed the Bible to make it say what they wanted!....damm liars....and it only took me 45 years to figure this damm Bible out......btw...I have shared this info with 11 Elders now...including my old elder/dad....and not a single one had a clue that WT had done this.............oompa......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah,JehovahJehovah,Jehovah.....It`s only good advertising to promote your product..What better way to Advertise,than right in the Bible itself!!.........Sure you have to change the Bible,but so what?.....God would`nt have a job without the WBT$...........Jehovah,Jehovah,Jehovah.......What is Gods true organization??....Jehovah,Jehovah,"Jehovah`s Witness`s!!".....BravoBravoBravo................It makes much more sense if you`ve had a couple of Scotch`s..Coffin And Smoking.......I like the humour in that.....Rutherford,a Rotten Assh*le!!..Died from,a Rotten Assh*le!!.....Life has a way of working itself out..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Faith in the Wactower publishing company is like the elastic in an old pair of fruit of the loom underwear.

Once it gets stretched out, it aint ever coming back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit