What it may take to get my faith back...You???

by oompa 25 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

This was part of a letter i sent to some family and friends.......

I have a few things I have really thought about that may need to happen for me to get my faith back. The first would be for the be for the Society or the Governing Body to actually share with me what they claimed in their first letter to me to have, this “indirect evidence” that the divine name appeared in the original writings of the Christian Greek Scriptures. If they do not even have that and will not provide it, then a serious apology is in order for me and all other Witnesses, and an explanation for their blatent lie, and a revision of the New World Translation is in order removing the name Jehovah from the New Testament.. As long as this does not happen, I will feel I have been defrauded.

I would also like someone to show me using only the Bible how we can arrive at the date 1914 as the arrival of Jesus Christ, and the end of the Gentile Times. I am afraid that since there are absolutely zero dates given in the Bible, there is no way to come to this conclusion without accepting dates supplied by worldly archeologist and historians. Yet the Faithful Slave accept some dates from those who also have conclusive evidence that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607 BCE, and that date is pivotal to arriving at the date of 1914.

I also would like someone to explain to me why not all Christians do not partake at the Memorial. If all are invited to attend, and Jesus said that to attain everlasting life, all would need to eat his flesh and drink his blood, and we have held out the hope of everlasting life to all of Jesus followers, then why would not all who want everlasting life partake at the memorial? For years I have been uncomfortable with how we celebrate this event, since the passing of the emblems was for the purpose of eating them (please pass the butter?), and that the only ones who passed them ate them, and these ones were only the Anointed I was taught. And along with this thought, I would like to know why, since nearly all of Revelation is in signs and symbols; we set aside the 144,000 as a literal number. History shows that the Romans alone killed 40,000 Christians in the Coliseum in just one year, so it seems impossible that the literal number of 144,000 would not have been fulfilled in just the first century, much less over 2000 years.

Lastly, I would like to see a Biblical link between the Faithful and Discreet Slave and the Remnant. I am disturbed that the Bible writers never once referred to themselves as the Faithful and Discreet Slave, even though they were filled with Holy Spirit, and would have been the very first of this group. I would like to know why we changed this parable into a “Class” when that is not in the parable. I would like to know how this Faithful Slave Class of all the Anointed on earth feeds us, when it is really only a Governing Body that feeds us and somehow speaks for all the Anointed on Earth, without hearing from all of them. It seems all the teachings and rules are not made by them, but just a few men in Brooklyn. If there is not a Biblical link between the Faithful and Discreet Slave and the Anointed, is the only reason I was taught this is because these men tell us they are them? I also would like to know why no women are on the Governing Body when many women apparently profess to be of the Anointed, and they could do this job without ever having to teach or give a talk.................................i dont expect many if any replies.........oompa

• thebigdebate
    thebigdebate

The problem is that you are thinking!! You cant do that and be a JW.

thebigdebate

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You are officially an Apostate, now. Welcome to the club.

I know a sister that was called into a Judicial Committee for asking, "Why do we believe that only some Christians will go to Heaven?"

You raise excellent points. Too bad you're a member of a religion that cares not about what is true and accurate. They want obedience. You must blindly follow and wait on Jehovah.

I feel for you, man. I really do. You care more about these people than they will ever know.

-LWT

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow, oomps, great letter! Are YouTube videos coming up next?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bravo and bookmarked, Dear Oompa.

• parakeet
    parakeet

oompa: " i dont expect many if any replies.........oompa "

If you want logical replies from dubs or anyone else about the questions you raise, you're right; you won't get any replies. Because there is no evidence of any kind that supports the WTS's claims. Their only "evidence" is that they say so.

If you want replies telling you that your questions are valid and should be answered (or answered for) by the WTS, you'll get many replies that agree with your questions and your right to ask them.

Here's hoping you find your answers, even though they may not be the ones you're looking for, oompa.

BTW ..... I really miss ..... your elliptical way ..... of writing.

• parakeet
    parakeet

As for what it would take for me to get my faith back, I already have faith. Not in a God, but in our right to be free of tyranny of every sort.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I haven't been looking in much lately but I didn't think you were trying to bring your situation to a head yet. Anyway I thought your letter was very well written and you made some very good points but don't expect any of them to admit your questions are valid and need to be answer. By now I think most of the witnesses you know have heard about your evil behavior and are either angry with you or afraid of you so be prepared for some pretty nasty treatment if you run into any of them.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks Oomps,

Good points all,but the only faith you seem to have lost irretrievably is in a large publishing corporation with an HQ in Brooklyn. That business is run by men,for men and is riddled with error,as are ALL organised religions.

Faith in anything else is your choice,and good luck happiness and wellbeing to you and yours.

Keep up the great posts!

Love

Wobble

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey ((oompa))

Excellent letter - I hope you do get a couple of replies, would be interesting to see what they have to say and how they try defend their belief. When we didn't know an answer we'd say "Jah will reveal in time... new scrolls would be opened".

In writing that letter however, you have put a bit of huge neon flashing homing device on your back. You can always come hid out in Africa for a bit *hug*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit