I wanted to scream at the Elder Sunday morning "you are a lying !!!!!!"

by TooBad TooSad 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Did the "brothers" expect too much for the year 1975?

Were the brothers responsible for "special talks" like this one being given in 1970?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Great thread! I was in my late teens and early twenties when the 1975 frenzy began. I went to college in 1969...lots of flack for that. I bought a home in 1975...you would have thought that I committed fornication! It was frequently pointed out to me that "spiritually mature brothers" were focusing on full time field service and special ministry assignments rather than "worldy things". I was "marked" as one not seeing the urgency of the times. I personally saw friends from the hall sell homes, quit jobs and take on lots of personal debt (assuming they would never have to pay it off!) destroy their lives. Some were able to bounce back over time, but many more couldn't recover. I can't even remember the number that left the organization after 1975 came and went...it was a very strange time.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Haha...nice assembly badge, VM44! What's funny is JWs would view that as apostate material if you tried to show them.

• yknot
    yknot
    we are not like the "other Church" where their leader is infallible"

I doubt many JWs understand some of the similarity the pope's infallibility is to our 'imiperfect men' belief......

• Quandry
    Quandry

Did the "brothers" expect too much for the year 1975?

Were the brothers responsible for "special talks" like this one being given in 1970?

This is GREAT!!! What if we could all get lapel badges like this and go to the next convention wearing them?

Maybe you could show this to the speaker and ask him, "By the way, who DID conquer the world in the 1970's?"

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

From the July 1970 Kingdom Ministry page 3.....

A new circuit assembly program is scheduled to begin in September. We believe you will find it most informative and upbuilding. The public talk will be "Who Will Conquer the World in the 1970’s?"

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I gave away my own business, an engineering and plastic coating company in 1974 because of what I foolishly thought was the "TRUTH"

Like many others here I found the elders were dabhands at telling lies and whats more getting away with them, whatever the serious nature may be.

I remember seeing a letter re; 1974 written by Fred Franze, it left you in no doubt that 75 was the end, my study elder came running in to me in 74 saying we have only months to go. ( something he denied after it didn’t happen)

Unlike you I publicly accused the elders in a watchtower program of being FAT elders (this was when we were referring to the shepherds in Ez. 7 )

In my 30years of being brainwashed I did not trust ONE elder, I found them to be the biggest hypocrites going.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit