I wanted to scream at the Elder Sunday morning "you are a lying !!!!!!"

by TooBad TooSad 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In one service meeting about 73 - 74 there was an item

PRINTED in the Kingdumb Misery (Or was it "Our Kingdumb Service" at this point??)

It was an example "sermon" which encouraged the Dubby to "highlight 1975 as a CRUCIAL year."

I bet this one has been edited off the CD!!

When the Papacy declared 1975 a "Holy Year" speculation at our Kigdumb Hell was RIFE!

Especially after an article discussing this in the Rags.

HB

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

this elder in our hall told an experience to show how materialistic people have become:

he said: "I once knew a person who would yell at all the brother building houses.... he would yell and tell them why are you doing this when the end is coming"...... "after 30 or so years of yelling, this brothers faith has been so weakened that in his old years is now himself building a house".

he said: "just because the end has not come in xx yeears, does not give us proof that the end is not coming!"

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Ugh, that would have pissed me off too!

And I *hate* the whole "our leaders are imperfect and make mistakes" bullshit too. You can't claim that and *also* that they are God's exclusive channel and cannot be questioned! It's one or the other, not both!

• flipper
    flipper

TOO BAD, TOO SAD- Excellent thread ! I agree we have to keep exposing the WT societies lying and deceit to any rank and file members reading this or people visiting this site so they can discover the deception. So here is my experience. In regards to your quote :

" If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things . "

I was one of those young people who grew older. I will be 50 years old in October - I was 16 yrs. old in 1975 , a born-in witness who was told I was SO LUCKY because I would never have to raise my young children in this " system of things " . Fast forward to 2009 - I have a 24 year old son, and a 22 and 20 yr.old daughters who are married with families of their own. Woops ! Something's fishy in Denmark here.

" As a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers . "

Wrong again Watchtower Society ! Since 1983 when I was 23 years old - I have been self- employed in my commercial Janitorial business - you know - the type of business lots of us being raised in JW land do - BECAUSE WE WERE FORBIDDEN TO GO TO COLLEGE !!!!! Do I seem a bit resentful ? At least I own the resentment. It's mine and the WT society can't take THAT away from me.

So any of you reading please know you are being lied to. There is no paradise. There is no Armageddon. The WT society tells you this to keep you " controlled " and under " fear " and " guilt " to keep giving to them for a false dream. Please go live your life in reality . Listen to our stories - all of us were lied to. Don't waste your lives. Do something more positive in your lives ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Flipper:

I understand completely. I'm 2 years older than you and I remember everything just like you do. So does my sister and she's a year younger than you. You have every right to be resentful! The main thing we can do is make it different for our children and grandchildren.

And to the OP, Why didn't you scream? Why don't we all scream? Of course, I haven't set foot in a KH in a very long time. But we should all be screaming at someone. Maybe we could save some of these children from irreperable damage.

• Gram
    Gram

My daughter was born in Oct. 1974. Everyone was in almost a frenzy about 1975. I heard of many who sold or got rid of their beds and mattresses in order to sleep on the floor and "get used to it."

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good post homerovah

I was in during the 1975 era,which started about 1968 with the release of the book"Life everlasting "book if I remember correctly,and yes those pictures speak volumes.The WTB&TS DO TELL LIES.

smiddy

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

spiritually speaking witnesses are very competitive....

the spiritual ones gotta outdo the next.

So, I can imagine how they had to prove to each other how faithful they were to the 1975 prediction

• freeme
    freeme

@Homerovah

Is there a higher resolution version of that image you posted?

• VM44
    VM44

1974 "Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that not reason to increase our activity?...Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end." (Kingdom Ministry, May 1974, p. 3)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit