Dr. refuses to write out my standing prescription.

by LouBelle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Since I was about 10 I've been on thryoid medication. It is the same medication I take every month. I had my last blood tests done 6 months ago. My doctor only wrote a perscription for 6 months - so now that it's expired I just asked if she could fax me another perscription to cover the next 6 months. She insists I come in for more blood tests - these tests cost about R 600 - R 800 to do, plus her fee of R 250 - she doesn't even tell me the results and usually writes the perscription before she gets the results back. During these tougher times I don't want to spend R 800 getting tests done that NEVER change!!!! They are the same year in and year out. Just give me the two damn pills I have to take.

It's all about the freaking money.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I'm also on thyriod med. My doc only takes bloods every 2 years. My daughter goes every six months cause she's still growing and her meds are adjusted every six months. Get another GP

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Sounds like a good reason to get a new endocrinologist to me.

By the way, the exchange rate is about ten rand to the US dollar, right? So you're talking a total expense of about $100. Does your insurance cover any of that, or is that the portion you are left with after insurance pays off?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Come on, have a heart. Your doctor needs a new boat. Why won't you help?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they all do the same, even here in usa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is what I would suggest: Start taking 2 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. Along with that, I would find some kelp pills providing 4 mg of iodine. Get some spirulina and all the vitamins. And start taking those.

If you do that, chances are you are going to start feeling better without the medication. At the very least, it will be a slap in the drug companies' faces. And they are more likely to update the prescription without a hassle. The last thing they want is someone to start trying natural remedies, finding that they work better than the other pills with fewer or no side effects, and dumping the doctors.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I took spirulina, but then I started to turn pink like a flamengo.

Seriously, it will help. WTW is right.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Don't feel too bad - a lot of us have given up going to the doctor, the dentist and the optometrist at this point. My gf has glued two of her caps back on for the past year because it cost too much to get them replaced...it's only a matter of time before she stops eating altogether as more bits come off and she spits them out. Ditto her glasses - can't see to drive well but can't afford the cost. sammieswife.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

my doc tried to milk more copays out of me. I have a $3,000 (US) annual deductable plus copays. It is the only way I can afford any insurance whatsoever. I have to pay out of pocket, employer does not offer insurance.

I went in for a general phyiscal and had blood work. Of course, my cholesterol is too high. So the office calls me and tells me the doc wants me to come in again for a consult (another copay and another payment from the insurance co) to put me on pharmaceuticals. No discussion about diet and/or lifestyle (excercise) changes. I wont go back to that doc again. I am looking for a new one now (this one I inherited when my old doc moved out of state...I have been passed from one doc to another as docs leave the state).

Its a scam...they want to maximize copays because the insurance companies are balking at paying their fees.

Snakes ()

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

My doctor wont give me a prescription to go get a mammogram until I come into her office for an exam first. She THEN gives me a script to go get a life saving examination that I cant go get done for FREE because I make too much...supposedly. Then she sends me OUT for the blood testing, OUT for the mammogram and OUT for the colon exam to other places. At each place I have to pay another co-pay and my deductible. I pay probably $12000 a year for insurance...WHY???

get a new dr Lou

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit