Dr. refuses to write out my standing prescription.

by LouBelle 16 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I pay probably $12000 a year for insurance...WHY???

Because not all civilized countries have universal healthcare yet. That really is what needs to change.

Honestly it is probably a good thing you have a doctor check you regularly when you are on certain medications. Check other doctors I guess, just in case this one doctor really is screwing you over, but most won't give you a never-ending prescription for health safety reasons.

And I just have to say this because it was mentioned here... "natural" does not equal "safe." Remember, many pharmaceuticals available through a pharmacists are actually derived from natural sources. Something natural can be very deadly. Don't assume some unregulated industry like that has your best interests at heart; they are in it for the money just like "big pharma" is. The difference is that big pharma is regulated; herbal "supplements" aren't, at least not here in the US. That's another thing that needs to change!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I'm nervous and hesitant to recommend this in case something goes wrong BUT there is a Canadian online pharmacy that makes generic drugs in India that I've researched and used. They ship to the States.

https://www.riverpharmacy.com/drugInformation.php?ActiveIngredient=612

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

drwtsn32 sez,

Because not all civilized countries have universal healthcare yet.

Doc, I think we disagree about whether so called "universal health care" is the panacea that it is promoted as being. Countries with universal health care find that EVERYONE is entitled to LESS health care. That is why our Canadian cousins come down to the US to get treatment that they have to queue up for in the Great White North. In my opinion a contributing factor in Dansk's demise was the time he spent WAITING for his turn in treatment. If he had been here, he would have been able to see a doctor of his choosing almost immediately, or be free to choose another. He had no choice with his universal health care plan - he had to wait his turn while he developed pneumonia.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I don't mind getting tested, but it used to be every two years or so, then it became yearly, now it's every 6 months. With thyroid, you usely have more frequent tests in the beginning, but once it's regulated you need them less.

I've never had her report back on the results, she always writes the perscription that same day. I'm going to send a fax explaining that fact to her.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You must have a really good reason to keep going back to this particuar Dr.

What is it?

Cheers

Chris

• parakeet
    parakeet

LouBelle, I've had hypothyroidism for years. I'm tested every six months, too. Sometimes my thyroid levels remain constant for years. Then, for some strange reason only my thyroid knows about, the test results change, and the dosage must be adjusted. Even if the dosage change is small, it's important to keep the thyroid hormones at a healthy level. You can get very sick if you produce too much or too little of these hormones.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'd ask the doctor and tell them why you are considering a change. But I do think that a good dr. should keep a close eye on the bloodwork. Ask your doctor if she/he DOES even look at the results and to DISCUSS with you the course of your condition over the years and how it has responded to the meds, etc. If you are going to pay the big bucks(and even if you go to another dr. you will be doing this again) at least get some up to date info. Ask the doctor too, if you could get your tests done a couple of weeks BEFORE your visit to insure that you will not be getting an inappropriate and $$$ mistaken prescription.

I hope all is well with you and you continue to maintain your good health! I like you! Be happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit