What does your baptisam mean ?

by cluless 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    At the time I thought it meant I finally belonged somewhere. That I was finally part of the "in" club.

That's what I thought at the time. I learned how wrong I was that same day. Since they had their statistic there was no longer any need for the JWs to be civil to me. From that day on I was barely tolerated. After all, I was a convert with a "questionable past" and therefore would always be "bad association".

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My JW baptism means I was naive, tricked once, not fully aware of the consequences.

Other than that, I had an unbaptism ceremony of my own to remove it's power over me.
    I burned some WT literature and declared (to myself as nobody else was there) that
    WTS used incomplete information and treachery, therefore my baptism was renounced
    and I am not obligated to do/say anything to them nor cooperate with their rules. As
    they lied and withheld information from me, so I am free to do the same to them.

• cluless
    cluless

I only started this thread becaue I inadvertently found a web-site to an ex-witness from my former congregation.

A great guy. On his blog he described himself as a non-demominational christian but he was thanking GOD on the 15th anniversary of his baptism.

He was baptised as a witness. Had the courage to leave and ovbiously still belives in that baptisam.

From this thread he is the exeption to the rule.

• loosie
    loosie

It means I dedicated myself to a book publishing company.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I was baptized in my late teens because that's what my friends, my family, the elders, and the rest of the congregation expected.

It means nothing to me now, because I was braindead when it happened. Anyone who's braindead is not responsible for what he/she promises while in that condition.

• garybuss
    garybuss

What does your baptisam mean ?

It means I had two baths on the same day.

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

I am ressurecting some threads from long ago...making an effort to raise some questions I have,and trying not make it all about myself with starting a new thread as there are already sooo many on here.

Baptism. While many people think that baptism is meaningless, this is one question i have wondered about myself, and, for myself. I was baptised in 89 or so. I'm trying to resease myself from of the JW dogma surrounding this important decision. At least i personally feel it is.

Many Witnesses insist, and I assume it is through WBTS publications that once you have made the oath of baptism, that it isn't just an act that we do for ourselves, we do it to show Satan that we choose Jehovah over him. Once your baptised, it's too late to go back. Since then i have learned that while I was baptised, it was not according to the way the Bible instructs. Sure the submersing in the body of water is the same, but I'm thinking that since the WBTS puts their own "spin" on it with the second question, and not anything to do with the holy spirit like the bible instructs, perhaps my baptism is not as significant as I have thought. What do YOU think? If you believe in Satan, do you think he cares one way or another? What does the bible say?

lurk3r

pee. ess. - this is soooo awsome being able to ask questions, and get the customary "I don't know"...thank you one and all.

• noni1974
    noni1974

It means nothing.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

It means I got all wet and made an ass out of myself for nothing. If I would have been smart I would have sneaked about a 1/4 cup of Dawn into it. There would have been bubbles everywhere..

• shamus100
    shamus100

nothing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit