What does your baptisam mean ?

by cluless 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

I resent the implications that are attached to it by the organisation.On a spiritual sence it means nothing to me.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Exactly! Absolutley Meaningless.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was never baptized as a JW. But it means nothing.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I am no longer a JW but I still regard myself as a spiritual person. I am not sure where that spirituality will lead me and I don't practice any religion at present.

I got baptised before the change of vows, I didn't regard my baptism as identifying me as one of JWs, so I regard my baptism of over 40 years ago as the start of my spiritual journey.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A WBT$ Baptisim symbolizes,drowning any hope you have to live a normal life!!........................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• changeling
    changeling

Mine meant I was a smart little 10 year old who could give the right answers to the questions in the old "Lamp" book, and that I was desperate for the approval of my parents and friends.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It doesnt mean anything to me because the premise it was based on has been proven to be

lies.

• asilentone
    asilentone

well, I wanted to be MS, so I got baptized, then 2 years later, I was appointed MS. Well, you can say that I was brainwashed back then.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That you are supposed to just plain give up your right to be happy, and live solely for that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that makes everyone else miserable.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

At the time I thought it meant I finally belonged somewhere. That I was finally part of the "in" club.

Now it means only that it was a part of my life that I will never go back to.

And I am glad to be out of that "in" club

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit