Witnesses don't tell you everything up front -They boil you slow like a frog!

by Witness 007 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Put a frog in boiling water and he jumps out....but turn the heat up slow and he will boil alive. {I hate brothers using this in talks} Imagine if the Witnesses told you up front what life as a Witness will be like.

1. You can never leave us when your baptized...ever, for any reason, your a Witness for the rest of your life. We will disfellowship you for leaving.

2. You and your family members must be trained to be willing to die rather then accept blood Transfusions, even escaping from the hospital and or pulling out the drip. We have Gastapo Elders who will "supervise" your treatment and make sure you die faithful.

3.Elders have the right to investigate your sex life/personal life even if your married.

4. Your congregation will spy on you like the Communists did in Russia....even children are expected to hand in their parents.

Instead we first get the Paradise and no more suffering crap and when your hooked, they get you to swear alligence to the Furrer!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Indeed!

Bible students are not given a complete Rulebook.

The leadership can change the Rules at any time.

Newly interested persons are told that the only people who are disfellowshipped and shunned are "Unrepentant Sinners".

Greater time and interest is shown to unbaptized persons that are "making progress".

The information regarding blood is slanted to give the congregation the impression that medical conditions REQUIRING a transfusion are rare. Information is presented giving the impression that there are alternatives that are better than blood in almost all cases. This is intellectually dishonest and dangerous. The threat of expulsion and the complexity of the entire issue persuade many, many JWs to oppose EVEN the "acceptable" fractions.

It's a disgusting thing, indeed.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

We are specifically tought to stay away from "stumbling" subjects when studying with new ones.

when they ask, we are told that we will get back to them on this or that

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like your comparison.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Exactly!

The problem with the new convert is he doesn't know the right questions to ask. I was clueless. Never read the bible or anything or went to church and i was 18 years old. I'm gonna spend the rest of my life doing the same thing. I was a much happier and forgiving person before i met the Scumbag Jehovah Witnesses! I hope i find that person someday! I also Hope To see the destruction of this religion in my lifetime!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think they're particularly evasive about their more controversial practices, such as disfellowshipping or their stand on blood. They paint the rosiest picture possible to those who first start studying.

• cluless
    cluless

Pathetic isnt it.

Sales-persons that are not regulated.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"Christendom doesn't understand the Bible, but we do."

"Let us demonstrate how only we understand the Bible
    wit a series of questions you probably never asked.
    Where did Adam get his wife- we know.
    How did Adam die in the same day he ate from the tree
    yet lived hundreds of years? What does that show about
    God's love for us? What did Jesus mean when he told the
    evildoer who had repented on the stake that he would be
    in Paradise with Jesus?"

It's all a smoke screen. If you cannot dazzle them with
    brilliance, baffle them with BS. The recruiting program is
    designed for the Bible illiterate, which is the vast majority
    nowadays, so you all beware.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Yes, this is so true. If they were a decent religion with a legitimate theology, they would never have to resort to these manipulations and deceptions. The fact that they do should be a major red flag for anyone evaluating them.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Great topic, and the comparison is perfect. New converts are treated to a shell game when they start asking questions, and by the time they sign on, it's too late. Just like the frog in slow boiling water, their brain won't allow them to jump when the real truth comes out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit