The Bible - truth or fiction - according to you?

by Newborn 38 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

False dichotomy!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Does the bible itself claim to be factual?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Does the bible itself claim to be factual?

No, but the religionists that exploit it say says it to be.

A factual renouncement of stories as told by the ancients and structured as reality with endeavoring to empowerment.

• sspo
    sspo

I agree with onthewayout and also i cannot except the chronology of the bible concerning Adam and Eve being created in the year

4026 bce. The flood happening in the year 2370 bce and everything being destroyed, chinese civilization has been around much longer than that.

It's been proven that american indians have been around for at least 11000 years, so it seems we have a little problem with " God's Word".

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Is it interesting that here we thousands of years from those ancient times and were still

fighting over which god is the greatest and the most powerful of the gods.

• jaguarbass
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You cannot tell a believable lie without bolstering it with some truth or, at least, something that sounds like truth, to the victim of your deception.

I notice that you haven't been back to comment on the responses to your thread.

I think it is about time you did.

Don't you????

Cheers

Chris

• Newborn
    Newborn

Thanks for all your comments!! I just find it interesting to hear others point of views.

I honestly don't know what to believe myself yet but I'm very happy anyways

Newborn

• Ancient One
    Ancient One

I think there is some turth to it, not sure if I would believe all of it but at least some of what has been written must have real origins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit