The Bible - truth or fiction - according to you?

by Newborn 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

If you say fiction, how to explain all the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies?

Personally, I don't know what I think...

/Newborn

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

how to explain all the hundreds of fulfilled prophecies?

Such as? You can interpret any event to make it seem like fulfillment of scripture, when in reality it maybe something completely unrelated. JWs have been doing it for over a century.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I regard it as a book containing a true Message that, with the passage of time, has been corrupted, distorted, and embellished.

Yet, that Message continues to come through loud and clear!

Hallelujah!

Sylvia

• catbert
    catbert

Newborn,

To JW's, the Noah's ark story is very important. It shows that God judges and executes.

In my opinion, it is difficult for a reasonable person to believe the Noah's ark story.

If you come to the conclusion that it never happened, you can probably reason that the armagedden story will not happen either.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Of course you do...

No it's a book of complete and total BS. There is not one word of 'truth' in it. Not ONE prophecy has ever been fulfilled not ONE. I have more respect for people who believe in nostradamus (not much, believe me, not much) than people who believe that ridiculous tome of crap...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Fairy Tails

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Alot of folklore is based in truth. Also alot of folklore has a lot of BS in it and exaggerations. So I think that it is based on events that really happened, just embelished the the point of lunacy.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The bible is an epic way cool story book. Action, adventure, fantasy, intrigue, sex, violence got it all.

Its too bad people debate whether its true or not. Dont you think its funny that no one debates if Odyssey is true? The Hobbit? They sound just as fantastic as the bible's fantasy stories. They teach as much morality as the bible does.

Homer lived long before the jewish captivity in babylon. What makes his works any more UNTRUE than the bible?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Mostly fiction. Prophecies either failed or were pseudonoymously forged, as was common practice.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Odyssey likewise has hundreds of fulfilled prophecy. Example: Halitheses prophesied that the wooers would be destroyed if they kept stealing Odysseus possessions. This came true. Not one of the wooers escaped when Odysseus came home.

These are just as confirmable as bible prophecy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit