Your beloved political party

by IP_SEC 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Before I forget - I should add that the government is owned by the corporations which own the media. Finding ANY news that is not corporate owned leaves people open to skepticism and guffaws and labels like conspiracy theorist getting stuck to them. Most people get their news from soundbites only and therefore, if they only watch a few clips from CNN or FOX, that's what they believe. If you dare challenge that thinking, you are considered a whack job. Thus - people make decisions on a party based on media presentation and the majority of the people buy into it. That isn't going to change......sammieswife.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Eight years of Clinton vs. eight years of W: There is a difference. Of course there could be a better system but it ain't here yet.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

You talking about the WJC who road the internt (among other) bubbles top the to just before busting?

The same one with numerous sexual assault charges?

Thats that one who most likely had Vince Foster executed?

Sold secrets to the Chinese?

Ya that guy? That criminal that the Repub controlled cong only messed with but didnt get him on the serious stuff?

Ya that is exactly what Im talking about

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

The first thing you must realize is that power is collective. The individual only has power in so far as he ceases to be an individual. You know the Party slogan: "Freedom is Slavery". Has it ever occurred to you that it is reversible? Slavery is freedom. Alone -- free -- the human being is always defeated. It must be so, because every human being is doomed to die, which is the greatest of all failures. But if he can make complete, utter submission, if he can escape from his identity, if he can merge himself in the Party so that he is the Party, then he is all-powerful and immortal. The second thing for you to realize is that power is power over human beings. Over the body but, above all, over the mind. -Orwell, 1984

It's hard to imagine how one who escapes from the WTS' clutches can fall right back into the same trap sprung by a different group.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

FO has got it.

• d
    d

The two party in this country are two and the same. It really does not matter who you vote for they both are very corrupt. The whole left, right wing thing is just used to keep people fighting among each other.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've been active in Democratic party concerns for decades. Overall, I feel that the parties are similar. We have no real choice. There is a difference in tone and policy that separates the party. Compared to most western industrialized democracies, we have little choice. The formation of an Independent Party that would rival both parties could change things. People have wanted such a party for many decades.

I see nothing wrong with ideology. It seems unfair that the investment bankers made many millions on the bailout while regular Americans paid the taxes. It is inherently unfair. Choice is a very hot issue for me. It does not fail me that a majority of the present Sup. Ct. justices are Catholics and tend to vote Catholic interests. Maybe it is coincidence.

When I attend actual local Democratic party meetings, ideology is missing. I doubt many could tell anyone the main planks of the party platform or who the national leaders are. It resembles a coffee klaltch in the suburbs from the 50s. It is very heiredatry (s). The legal meetings are more ideological but more driven by self-interest. Lawyers see molding who runs the country as a function of their jobs.

I recall when Paul Simon released "Mrs. Robinson." There was a line about going to the candidates debate. "Anyway you look at it you lose." Money determines the outcome. Lobbyists play a larger role than ever. Again, I see self-interest more than ideology. I can't believe how jaded I am compared to when I started while in high school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit