Your beloved political party

by IP_SEC 56 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

While you are having this argument, the Patriot Act is passed with little opposition from either of your religions. A criminal is not impeached by even though the majority of your religion rules. An unjust war of aggression is waged and your religion votes YEA on it.

Game, set, match. Democrats can officially come down off their soapbox.

• JeffT
    JeffT

"Dems: Let's take care of everyone."

Gee, that's nice to know. After the democrats destroy my employer I can stand in line with my bowl and ask if I can please have some more.

• inkling
    inkling
    They realize that if we are all dazed and divided by who they CLAIM to be that we will never unite against our common enemy. THEM.
    It is time for revolution regardless of your ideology.

Ok, so let's think this through...
    "We", join together, and overthrow "them".

Then what? Who will become our new leaders, and what will make them different from the leaders we got at the moment?

As Carlin said:

"Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

Watch the whole thing here: http://www.maniacworld.com/the-public-sucks.html

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"the Patriot Act is passed with little opposition from either of your religions."

With little opposition from the American populace too. It's not just politicians who can have bad ideas, Ippy, it's you too. You may be right on the patriot act, but you're wrong about plenty of things too. Had politicians known that Americans cared about civil liberties (ie: would vote for the politician who stood up for them), you can be sure a lot more of them would have pushed back on the Patriot Act; but where would they have gotten the idea that American's cared about anything more than being kept safe from "ragheads" and taking blind revenge, back in 2001, Ippy?

Should your "religion" come to power, the country would look much like Beyond Thunderdome, imo. That's not the future I want for my daughter, so I'll always be working against your "religion" unless you can actually make a positive case that your religion could actually work. Your religion doesn't try very hard to make that postive case.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

And thank you George Carlin. Dog knows it needed and needs to be said until finally, American values are values worth having.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Then what? Who will become our new leaders, and what will make them different from the leaders we got at the moment?

It's a clean reboot. Wait a couple of generations. Reboot.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

BTS

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

You have a stereotypical view of the GOP and a whitewashed veiw of the DNC. As much as the GOP has disappointed many conservatives and Americans by spending money on pork and buying our votes with pet projeects (Good job, by the way, dumbasses), the DNC by philosophy is set up to take from the hardes producing and give it to the least productive. The least productive are least likely to create goods or services than the most productive. If you forgot what money is, it's not some arbitrary credit that's given out, it's a representation of goods and services. You take goods and services from the highest producers and give it to the lowest producers and they will not produce as much. It's inefficnt. Think about it this way: How many welfare recipients have a busineess?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

"and what will make them different from the leaders we got at the moment"

Fear of being overthrown?

"Should your "religion" come to power, the country would look much like Beyond Thunderdome, imo. That's not the future I want for my daughter,"

I see. You are fine with the suspension of habeas corpus then for you and your daughter though? Both parties let that happen.

Im also right about both parties not impeaching a criminal in office. Im also right about both parties voting for an imperial war of aggression. You want your daughter to grow up in that world too?

You are right about one thing. It is the fault of the people. They are being led around like baby lambs and doing nothing about it.

• frozen one
    frozen one

How many welfare recipients have a busineess?

How many businesses are welfare recipients?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes CRR. We all know what both parties "stand" for. This is not about which philosophy is right. Its about:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=147821

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit