KM 2009 - misrepresentation on blood transfusions

by truthseeker 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You may answer this way: "Yes we let our kids die because the bible says don't eat blood...but it's okay since they fly off to a paradise earth where sheep and lions play together.."

Householder...........

• Gozz
    Gozz

They attempt to obscure the fact that while they never donate their won blood, they make use of 'fractions' of blood donated by others (as they do in the acceptance of Factor VIII); why would a true Christian reap where (s)he's not sown?

• Vinny
    Vinny

That 09 KM is one misleading and pathetic thing to read!

I Disassociated from the JW faith primarily due to this one policy three years ago. (Since then, I have found HUNDREDS of other reasons why God never chose WT world for anything).

And since leaving, I have only discovered even more reasons why the JW blood and fraction policy is just plain WRONG.

I have debated with numerous active JW's online on this blood policy and every single time the JW's were thoroughly TROUNCED. No exaggerations.

One active JW, who I debated with on Beliefnet, has simply quit the JW's altogether now, based primarily on our blood debates.

He just recently told me that he simply could not refute the logic and numerous scriptural evidence which prove this is a very bad, mistaken policy, and that he simply could never let his onw children die, and then had no choice to quit the religion along with his wife and kids.

Here is a thread where I placed many of those arguments I have used over the past couple years.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/150613/1/WT-SOCIETY-IS-WRONG-ON-BLOOD

Every single JW that has even tried to debate this subject has been humiliated. Most recenlty THirdwitness was taken to the woodshed and spanked on Topix.

THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY IS SIMPLY WRONG ON BLOOD!

Vinny

• rebel8
    rebel8

Oh mother of god......everyone who has experienced permanent injury or death of a relative due to these lies, please get together and file a class action lawsuit. I'll be glad to testify, but unfortunately, I can't prove permanent injury so I won't win a suit.............

please silence these lying bastards before more adherents & their children die

they just keep lying and getting away with it

• lrkr
    lrkr

This is more evidence that the clever fellas in Writing have taken over the Kingdom Ministry. Service department response to such a question- Shut the F. up- you have no faith. Writing department response- well of course we accept transfusions- just not the dangerous kind.

• lavendar
    lavendar

It's obvious the WTS cares more about the SYMBOL of life (Blood)......than they care about the ACTUAL LIFE.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What bothers me about this is that they have a religious belief about blood and what should be done with it. They have scriptures to support that religiousbelief.

But they rarely present that as their reason for not accepting blood. Instead they repeatedly use a medicalreason to support their religious belief.

Vinny, above, knows how easy it is to dismantle that belief to JWs. Seems he has done it a few times. But if the WTS/JWs stuck to their religious they would be harder to dissuade.

The WTS is shooting their own messengers

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The KM has just copied and pasted what's been in the Reasoning book for years. It looks like they just want to review the info with the congos.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Reasoning From The Scriptures Book was written back in the '80s and the stance on blood has changed totally since that time. It is no longer true to say that

You might reply: ‘But we do allow them to have transfusions—the safer kind. We accept the kind of transfusions that don’t carry the risk of such things as AIDS, hepatitis, and malaria.

They do allow "Transfusions" of blood (in part) . The fractions are culled from the Blood Bank and come from the same donated blood. It must carry the same minimal risk as any other transfusion.

Nobody has bothered to update the presentation.

BTW..I hope they do not assign this item to the faithful Brother who was the husband of the late Emma Gough R.I.P...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit