KM 2009 - misrepresentation on blood transfusions

by truthseeker 28 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

They have this condescending way of talking to people that makes me TOO want to just SLAP the disingenuous smiles off their faces. If anyone EVER replied to me with what these assholes wrote above I would have to kill them and it would be involuntary manslaughter.

The reply sounds like how Obewankenobe replies to the emperial guard with a wave of his hand.... "These are not the droids you are looking forrrrrrrrrrrrr....." Yeah the entire frickin planet is just STUPID enough to believe the crap the JWs put out there.

I ask you about blood transfusions and you throw out a red herring about "infusing" volume expanders you dyckhd.

eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

• CHILD
    CHILD

It's sickand disturbing the way they undermine the trust that is so important in the nurse-patient and physician-patient relationship. Doctors and nurses are taught to give the best available care to their patients. The so-called "safer transfusion" is intravenous fluid but they cannot substitite for a blood transfusion. Double-speak won't change the fact the patient needs blood.

I am reminded of when the WTS opposed vaccinations. They need to leave science alone and stop trying to be authorities in every aspect of a person's life. It makes them look like idiots.

• minimus
    minimus

The need a successful lawsuit to get some new lite on the subject. Only then will there be changes.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

But JWs do receive blood transfusions, don't they? Blood fractions are transfused, therefore they accept blood transfusions. This is just another case of the WTS talking out of both sides of its mouth.

• I quit!
    I quit!

If they read their Bible and appied Mat:12 and Luke chap 14 their whole blood issue woudl be pointless. Jesus made it clear that it was better to heal or save a life than obey laws. Every JW needs to read those chapters over and over till they get the point. If JW saw a baby crawling around an intersection would the go out and get it or say "I can't break the law. I have to wait till the light turns green". The whole thing is so stupid it is amazing that we ever believed it. Add to this that transfussing have nothing to do with eating blood and breaking the OT on eating blood was a pretty minor infraction. I guess the WT would rather let people die than admit they were wrong.

• Gayle
    Gayle

DOUBLE TALK mastery - playing with peoples lives.

• done4good
    done4good

"If JW saw a baby crawling around an intersection would the go out and get it or say 'I can't break the law. I have to wait till the light turns green'."

Wow...I know this is off-topic but it reminds me of just how sick jw thinking can become.

In early 2002 I had a conversation w/some witness friends who came over to Jersey to visit from the KC area. After giving then a tour of NYC, (and Bethel for that matter), I took them to a place where they could get a good view of the NYC skyline, (Eagle Rock Reservation). At the time, it was full of 9/11 memoralbilia, such as pictures, letters to FDNY and NYPD and such. They were not the least bit impressed. I started up a conversation over the whole thing, and they proceeded to tell me how in their circuit many of the "friends", (damn I hate that word), were "stumbled" because some of the FDNY personnel were known to be jws, (evidently, firefighting is considered to be a "dangerous" job comparable to putting your life in danger like smoking). I was horrfied by this reaction, (still am, come to think of it).

Evidently, in witness land, it's better to save your own life, rather than risk it for 3,000 others. Absolutely disgusting.

j

• V
  • thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

i too have felt disgusted by the anti-firefighting attitude that some witnesses have. Somehow its not putting enough faith in jehovah to be a firefighter. It's akin to deliberately putting your life in harms way and thus not showing appreciation to Jehovahs gift of life. Your right saving oneself is apparently better than putting oneself in harms way to save others.

again off topic but i never got why bungee jumping and skydiving were so sinful in the witness community I'm suprised witnesses are allowed to fly. Maybe the recent events in the hudson river will cause the old GB to reconsider this stance.

tbl

• Mary
    Mary
    Then perhaps add: (1) ‘When there is severe blood loss, the greatest need is to restore the fluid volume.

Just goes to show that the fucking morons in the Writing Department don't have a clue what they're talking about. When there is severe blood loss, the greatest immediate need is to replace the oxygen in the blood, as well as the fluid. Without enough oxygen, the patient dies. That's why blood transfusions have saved so many lives because it replaces both the oxygen AND the fluids----saline solution does NOT replace the oxygen.

When much blood is lost, the body itself pours large reserves of blood cells into the system and speeds up production of new ones.

Oh please. If the body actually poured "large reserves of blood cells into the system" at the rate they're trying to claim, no one would ever bleed to death and blood transfusions wouldn't even be necessary.

But fluid volume is needed. Plasma volume expanders that contain no blood can be used to fill that need, and we accept these.’ (2) ‘Plasma volume expanders have been used on thousands of persons, with excellent results.’ (3) ‘Even more important to us is what the Bible itself says at Acts 15:28, 29.’

Yes, but plasma volume expanders do NOT enhance the oxygen carrying capcity of the blood, it simply replaces the fluid. While this can be helpful in matters of dehydration, it does not help a person who is bleeding internally or those with cancer of the blood.

Then perhaps add: (1) ‘Do you think that some parents might be influenced by what God’s Word says here at Acts 15:28, 29?’ (2) ‘So the question

is, Do we have enough faith to do what God commands?’

Riiight. I can just imagine a worldly person's reaction to Acts 15:28. It's clearly talking about eating animal blood, not transfusing human blood.

‘What if a doctor says, “You will die without a blood transfusion”?
    You might reply: ‘If the situation is really that serious, can the doctor guarantee that the patient will not die if he is given blood?’ Then perhaps add: ‘But there is someone who can give a person life again, and that is God. Don’t you agree that, when face to face with death, turning one’s back on God by violating his law would be a poor decision? I truly have faith in God. Do you? His Word promises a resurrection for those who put faith in his Son. Do you believe that? (John 11:25)’

What about where Jesus said "I want mercy and not sacrifice?" Or what about when he told the Pharisees "how much more a human life is worth than a sheep". Does anyone with thinking capacity really believe that God would rather see you dead than accept a procedure that would save a human life?

What a crock of shit. Excuse me if I seem extremely angry at this, but the subject of my brother in law possibly needing a blood transfusion has come up. The HLC has already talked to him and made sure that he realizes that if he accepts a transfusion, Jehovah will murder him. I fucking HATE this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit