Just read the God Delusion- JWs get a mention!!

by Kudra 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gladring
    Gladring

That video is a setup. Dawkins describes what happened at http://www.skeptics.com.au/articles/dawkins.htm

That bastion of all that is "true" answersingenesis still promotes that particular "truth"

WT aren't the only cherrypicking quoteminers out there, not by a long shot.

• Kudra
    Kudra

6of9!

Yes, I did...

I was moving my hubby into what turned out to be the ghetto (didn't appera that way on craigslist). We checked the Dallas city website and did a map where they show all the types of crime that happen in your neighborhood- don't ask. Murder was just one of them...

He has a temporary position (post-doctorate) teaching at Southern Methodist University. I just have to say that there is MONEY in Dallas... whoo! He lives a street up from Swiss Ave (wherre the mansions are)- there is the weirdest mosaic of gentrification, mansions next to slums, dudes with shopping carts and ghetto-blasters walking through multi-million dollar homes...

The university is beautiful. But all we were able to do was clean his house, buy necessities of life at Target and figure out a way for him to bike to campus. It was a tearful farewell. :( At least I had my dog to travel back with.

When I visit maybe we can all meet for a beer! He'll be there 6 months to a year.

-K

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sorry to hijack!

Hope that wasn't as bad as the creationism hijacks!

:-P

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Tuesday

Thanks for your long and somewhat over-reactive comments.

Lets get this whole thread in some context - Richard Dawkins book - The God Delusion....

Does he believe in evolution? YES

Does he believe in God? NO

My entire reason for commenting on this thread was to make the point that His conclusions are merely an opinion - his version of facts. His comments / books are given more credence than they deserve.

Do I disagree with all of evolutions conclusions? NO

Do I believe in a creator? YES

Tuesday - you are totally entitled to your opinions, but to resort to "name-calling" and "character attack" is a poor perfromance on your part and undermines the whole point of this discussion forum.

You have attempted to make me look "uneducated, stupid and argumentative.

You said - "" If you feel comfortable continually arguing against something you clearly don't know anything about go ahead. ""

I think you will find that it was in fact you that turned this into a pointless argument.

You said - "" You're confusing alot of different things here.""

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! All I said was that I thought Dawkins was wrong in his "No God" conclusion - remember the context - The God Delusion book!!!!

You "mockingly" suggest looking up the word Evolution in a dictionary. I think you know what you can do with this suggestion.

The Scotsman - not a happy JWN member...

What happened to freedom of expression???????????????

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

natural selection is the very *opposite* of chance.

I'm sorry, Kudra, I may be thick but someone will have to explain to me how natural selection has lead me to hear in stereophony and see in stereoscopy. Natural selection is credited here with a piece of engineering which, to me, seems to be well beyond its capacity. Unless of course our ancestors found, one day, with their primitive brains, that, decidedly, life would be so much more enjoyable in stereo, and devised, within themselves, the wiring in their brains and the organs that go with it...

• job
    job

Well actually there is evidence of evolution adaptiveness of a species ,

Sorry I don't see adaptiveness as evidence of evolution, animals that don't adapt don't surive.

That video is a setup. Dawkins describes what happened at

What did you think he was going to say after the event. On this occasion I have used my eyes and hears to make a judgement. ;-]

I noticed he still did not give a decent reply or examples to the question.

• job
    job

Is the Bombardier Beetle a product of adaptiveness?

• Kudra
    Kudra

a.r.- there are loads of academic and popular science books that deal with this if you want to learn more about natural selection.

Basically, life forms that can see stereoscopically (in "3D" or with two eyes, I guess) had an advantage over those that didn't. How animals with symmetrical features developed (which would be a pre-requisite), you would have to research.

Just as you (and anyone else) would not feel obligated to argue for the theory of gravity, or to argue the evidence against a flat earth, I don't want to spend time presenting evidence here that people should have learned in high school about biology. That is not meant to sound condescending or negative, I'm just saying.

With respect,

-K

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

life forms that can see stereoscopically (in "3D" or with two eyes, I guess) had an advantage over those that didn't.

That's quite clear. So, I understand that they first had to see in stereoscopy, and it was found afterward that this feature was giving them an advantage. But how could they see in stereoscopy in the first place?

evidence here that people should have learned in high school about biology.

You're right, my 2 kids are in HS upper year and I tell them that whatever they are taught re. evolution thay must learn so as to get good marks and their degree, it will be high time after that to make an opinion for temselves, because it is a domain which is open to opinion and beliefs, unlike gravity and rotundity of the earth.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

6of9!

Yes, I did...

I was moving my hubby into what turned out to be the ghetto (didn't appera that way on craigslist). We checked the Dallas city website and did a map where they show all the types of crime that happen in your neighborhood- don't ask. Murder was just one of them...

He has a temporary position (post-doctorate) teaching at Southern Methodist University. I just have to say that there is MONEY in Dallas... whoo! He lives a street up from Swiss Ave (wherre the mansions are)- there is the weirdest mosaic of gentrification, mansions next to slums, dudes with shopping carts and ghetto-blasters walking through multi-million dollar homes...

The university is beautiful. But all we were able to do was clean his house, buy necessities of life at Target and figure out a way for him to bike to campus. It was a tearful farewell. :( At least I had my dog to travel back with.

When I visit maybe we can all meet for a beer! He'll be there 6 months to a year.

-K

Definitely! Don't come back to bigD w/o looking me up; that's an order! ;)

I know just where your husband is living; he should be alright as long as he doesn't wear anything blue or brown. Or black. :-D j/k. That's not deep ghetto by any means, it's really just urban; he'll be fine.

SMU is a beautiful campus. I was working with a photographer there just last week for a few hours, using the buildings for a generic school background.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit