What was the most profound spiritual moment of your life?

by cluless 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

January 1, 1976.

I realized I had been played. And I began my journey.

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i saw the light.

S

• cluless
    cluless

Thanks for the replys.

I come to this site because I FIND the posters on this board really have the ability to think critically. Something iam tryin to do. I guess that is what happends to people who have formally had there minds held captive by a tyrannical regime.

• mavie
    mavie

I have 'em almost every day now that I'm not trying. Don't try, just be.

As Lennon would say, "I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round, I really love to watch them roll".

Read Stephen Batchelor "Buddhism Without Beliefs" Then don't think about it too much.

Find some Alan Watts lectures on iTunes to listen to occasionally. Don't try to understand it.

I was a golden boy Ministerial Servant with big things ahead of me. Now my spiritual treasure is found in the present moment.

O yeah. I'm an atheist finding spiritual contentment all around me.

A profound spiritual moment for me recently was discovering the wonders of single point mutation and its role in speciation.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Learning the truth about the truth

• compound complex
    compound complex

Considering where many of us now stand, i.e., with or without so-called spirituality, I have to say that my most profound realization of not needing all the answers centered around a strange encounter at Yankee Stadium, circa 1970.

I was at my post as guard, and, at a considerable distance from me, was a "brother" making his way over to my spot. Given all the people about, it would seem strange that I was so aware of his direct line of approach toward me. When we finally met face-to-face, he said only that I looked like a spiritual person (who was this unusual man?) and may I read you a scripture? He read from the NWT (a given), 2 Chronicles 20:12, which, paraphrased, says that we (God's people) have no power in ourselves against this multitude, the enemy. We do not know what we ought to do, but our eyes are toward you (God).

With or without the WTB&TS directing our every thought and move, I came to the comforting and reassuring conclusion that there is some external power (which I then called Jehovah) that transcends rational thought and, consequently, directs us when "we do not know what we ought to do."

I'm back to square one.

CoCo

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I've had a few.

The most recent being the most eye-opening of all - the realization of the greatest of heresies .. that we are all gods (not in a creepy "I am the Messiah" type way either lol).

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What was the most profound spiritual moment of your life?

The day Unclebruce proposed to me.

Farkel

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You're dreaming Farkel .. and giving me nightmares

unc who has a bed to catch.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Reading Crisis of Conscience and starting to think rather than just do what I was ingrained to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit