Has anybody been guilted/emotionally blackmailed into attending the 2015 Memorial?

by Bucholz 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew

Its so funny to see alot of people who only show up once a year , freely speak with all the witnesses, while all along like me ....been to every meeting this year, and cant say hi to anyone.

Hypocritical ???????....yes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I love my family, but I love Truth equally, if not more so.

So I could never attend a Memorial, which would show some measure of support for the JW religion's lies.

Sorry family, if you can point me to something that a lover of Truth like me can do that gives you pleasure, then I will gladly do that.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Let's see....Memorial attendance or Spring Break? Hmmm...which on should I do?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm sure we'll attend somewhere, just so we can say that we did. After all, we don't want our family & friends saying that we have "fallen outta the Truth".

Doc

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"If you loved your family ... you wouldn't keep trying to guilt them into participating in meaningless rituals just to cater to your delusional beliefs!"

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Just tell them you were present, invisibly just like your Lord and Savior.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I was wondering if anyone has been guilted or emotionally blackmailed into attending the memorial

Of course its quite common, JWs like creating and showing their own self righteous identity by promoting this holiest days.

Quite frankly I'm in the opinion that all devoted Christians who are baptized and recognized as Christians should partake of the emblems. .

The WTS has goofed up again

• Incognito
    Incognito

I had a conversation with a fully indoctrinated JW a few years back.

He mentioned that there had then been a recent 'talk' that specifically instructed that the congregation should be kind and understanding to those that attend only the memorial as the memorial maybe the only meeting they are able to attend due to circumstances. No one else may understand their situation.

He also said that anyone that at least attends the memorial, is acknowledging the JW religion as 'The Truth' and is showing submissiveness to God's earthly organization.

During this same conversation, he mentioned about JWs being instructed to do as they are told without question or consideration, even though what they are told to do may not seem logical or is contrary to what JWs have been instructed previously.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80
    I went last year so I can see what they were saying to people these days. It was awkward, my family barely spoke to me, just looking at me strange. When I go to their house, we can talk freely and everyone is normal, but there, it was so awful. My mom was close to tears and literally, a conversation was impossible. My mom invited me on a facebook message and I just responded "thanks for the invitation" But I am certainly not going through that again. And I believe we should take the emblems.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

We all know how those "once a year attenders" are viewed in the witness world! They are lower than pondscum.

Exactly! This is why i don't go, even thought i did go for a few years after i left. The issue is that by going you are basically saying: "I know i'm a lazy scumbag for never showing up. You're right and i'm wrong, and i'm barely hanging on"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit