Can we verify that Watchtower is on lockdown right now?

by Newly Enlightened 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

There is a rumor going around that Watchtower is on lockdown right now and the news media parked outside, circling like vultures every since the ABC Nightline report, is there anyone that can verify it true or not?

https://youtu.be/IlBVzOp6uuA

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds pretty fantastically improbable.

Would be fun if true, though.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is a Rick Fearon rumor. That's not the same as a rumor.

I saw it on FB:

BREAKING NEWS ...... LOCK-DOWN AT BROOKLYN BETHEL !
    Insider Elder at the World Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, NY. called Six Screens early Sunday morning (March,15) and said Bethel is locked down. Bethelites are to not leave the buildings.
    The reason for the lock down is the Watchtower Organization is under-siege by the News Media. News trucks and reporters are outside the facility hoping to get a response on the critical news recently aired on ABC, NIGHTLINE exposing the Watchtower on covering up child sexual abuse.
    Bethelites have been instructed to not talk to anyone asking questions.
    According to the inside Elder, the Governing Body is having a special meeting today along with other Officials of the Watchtower to come up with a plan to control the impending damage.
    The Six Screens Informant will continue to keep us up to date on this breaking story. For more information and the latest critical news about the Watchtower ..... https://www.facebook.com/groups/sixscreens/

I googled what I could think of and found absolutely nothing about this anywhere else. One single news source was currently repeating the already-broken stories, and I am sure others have and will repeat them. I am sure some news people have been calling and showing up, but as for camping outside of the compound, nothing is verified.

Edited to add: It's probably "Johnny" as Rick's inside source.

• baltar447
    baltar447
    He's already worn out his welcome here a long time ago with his shameless self promoting and obvious fabrications. I thibk hes about to find himself banned from the Facebook groups he is posting this bs on.
  • baltar447
    baltar447
    He's already worn out his welcome here a long time ago with his shameless self promoting and obvious fabrications. I thibk hes about to find himself banned from the Facebook groups he is posting this bs on.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A bit overtly sensationalized, knowing the source of the information.

• sir82
    sir82

Bethelites have been instructed to not talk to anyone asking questions.

This much is likely true.

The rest is almost certainly the hyper-sensationalized invention of a fevered mind.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Not true.

• Gayle
    Gayle

With ABC catching pedo and wife right at their home (had several times prior refused to speak to media) and filming, caused a lot of damage to the WT case. The media trying to get some filmage at the Headquarters would certainly be a goal some way, trying to get reaction of workers (Bethelites) should be expected. For sure, the Bethelites have or are for sure being instructed to not respond to any media currently. ( I worked for a company years ago, involved in a legal dispute, instructed all of us workers not to speak to anyone, media or other.) I suspect there is a lot of tension within Bethel right now.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    This sort of stuff don't help. There are enough unsubstantiated rumours within the WT without this sort of silliness. Let's stick to facts, there is where the power is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit