What is the average age of those who no longer believe?

by crapola 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I left early 20's. Realized I had been raised in a cult at 30. I'm 47 now.

lisa

• Poztate
    Poztate

I am 59. I left in 1982. Best decision I ever made.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Me

Born-In

Out at

Purged mind of cult

6 months ago

Disturbing

but now truly free

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Left 8 years ago at 31 but woke up this year, I still believed they were the the truth until this year at age 39. I just left because i was not happy going now i know they are liars as well which makes it so much sweeter! So Happy to be free along with my daughter who does not go!

• dinah
    dinah

I was df'd at 18, but continued to believe it was "the truth" until probably age 31 or so. I'm 40 now (yikes!!)

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Raised in...I left at 44, but was aready way slowed down in my late 30's...now 57.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

My parents became JW's just before I was born. So I guess that made me 2nd generation. I left at age 18 and never went back. Our now for 26 years!

BTW not DF'd or DA'd just walked away from the non-sense.

nj

• free2think
    free2think

But i left when i was 25. I never really got 'IT' though lol.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I was 24, almost 25 when I first started posting on JWD

• done4good
    done4good

I think it depends on when you come "in". I was brought up in a divided household, and really didn't take to the jw stuff, until I did it on my own at 15. I spent the next 3 or 4 years as a brainwashed dubby. A good elder friend of mine, (not an elder at the time, though), told me about 1975 when I was about 19. That is where the doubts first started. They became much stronger after I was first married at 22. It took ten years to leave at that point, (32). I have been out for over three years now.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit