What is the average age of those who no longer believe?

by crapola 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

33 here and children changed my perspective too. Woke up a little over a year ago.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am 57. Out 4 years.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Began leaving at age 37

Still leaving at age 46

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think these high control groups like the Jehovah's Witnesses lose all children raised in the group by believing parents at adolescence. At adolescence, the individual has three directions to choose from. One is to rebel openly, to quit complying and quit cooperating. Two is to rebel secretly and plan an exit at a convenient time. The third choice is to deny rational issues and to commit to the group.

Those are the only paths I've seen every child of Witness parents I have ever known take.

The next reevaluation point comes at about age 30.

My real crisis with tolerating the Witness group came from age 26 to age 30. I had three huge disconfirmations close together. I saw the Witness social environment reject me, I saw the failure of the delivery of the promised rewards, and I experienced disrespect and mean treatment from the Witness leaders. It was impossible for me to want to sustain association in an environment where I was lied to, rejected, and bullied.

The Witness group aggregate seemed to forget that the nature of my association was "unpaid volunteer". If ya give too much crap to an unpaid volunteer it's not long before the volunteer quits volunteering. That's what happened.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

had eyes opened around 30 out for good shortly thereafter. currently 35, wife is 36 she had doubts at 25 and was finally out by 30 as well. hope that helps. i was second generation cult brainwashed and she was the same.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I will soon be 45.

• Priest73
    Priest73

last meeting I was at was 25. I'm 35 now. I'm not sure that I ever really bought the nine.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I left when I was 40 years old.

Leslie

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Turning 36, soon. Turned 'apostate' at age 30.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was raised in ,but left at age 45 . Been out for three yrs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit