So, there is no everlasting life...

by Quirky1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Me and my JW wifey were talking this morning. The conversation was about her aunt that's dying of cancer. We were discussing the issue of death and I mentioned that there is nothing we can do about it and that we will all have to go thru it at one time or another and she agreed and even spoke further about it.

I am thinking WTF, "What about everlasting life", since this is what they preach and are taught. I didn't say anything to her about this issue but I wanted to.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

It was hard letting go of that belief.

Dave

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

It is good you just let her talk it out ,because not facing the reality of our own death is one of the biggest delusion this religion promotes .

Personally this was a big one for me to overcome . All my life I was told "You may never have to die ,it is possible you'll live through Armageddeon into paradise ". Even my mom was caught up into this belief ...it was devastating to her when she had to face she was going to die just like everyone else around . At her funeral one of our long time witness friends commented to me she didn't know how she could handle losing her mom ,and i told her you had better start preparing because your mom is elderly too and wil face death too . She looked at me in total shock ........sad .

• Satanus
    Satanus

In talks, they would sometimes encourage us to see ourselves as already in everlasting life. It's a good sign that your wife has let go of that, and is facing a bit more reality.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"So, there is no everlasting life"... Thats Right!!..You got screwed on that deal!! ..LOL!!..............Everybody who believed that,has eventually died .....I mean every frigg`n one of them!!........Everyone who goe`s into a Kingdom Hall..All Praise..........Eventually leaves the Kingdom Hall like this..Coffin And Smoking....................Stay out of Kingdom Halls!!..They are bad for your Health!!......................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure that is not the WTS doctrine. Even if people die, the WTS teaches they will be resurrected with the possibility of living forever on earth. Now if you mean never dying and living through the great tribulation, that is a separate idea and officially the WTS teaches only "as a group" will the great crowd survive the end, but leaves the possibility open that some individual jws might die and be resurrected. (both sides of their mouth)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I have to agree with what Blondie said.

The two of you never touched on 'the resurrection' - or 'living through armageddon'. I'm sure she still believes that there will be folks who live through to the 'new system'. 'any day now', etc.

A funny - yet at the same time sad thing. I overheard my sister at my mom's funeral several years back. "We all thought the 'new system' would be here by now..."

Nope. Not here, yet. How sad. They grow older and older... waiting for a fantasy to happen. Sorta like Peter Pan, refusing to accept growing up and living in Never Never Land.

Regards,

Jim TX

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The official teaching is Yes you may die. But with the ""urgency" of the end, most JWs get the impression that THEY won't have to face death. Unless they get baptized when they're very old and/or sick. Funny though how Witnesses seem to be realizing that only the resurrection will make the dream of everlasting life come true. Even my uber Witness Mom said to me the other day that the 'new order' will probably come in the life of MY great grand kids. Say what??? She bought a plot and plans to die in THIS system! And she's only 64 and in good health.

Isaac

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do not know how old Quirky's wife is....but the older dubs of my family ,my wife too, are now coming to be resigned to the fact that the best they can hope for is a resurrection.

The idea of living in an unbroken eternity through into the New World is now seen as the hope of the young ones. Even the WT has alluded to that too and said not to be discouraged by it

The fact that the hopes and promises on which their faith was based have turned out to be false and empty does not seem to stop them believing in the dub religion...Dissonance isn't it?

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

My mother who is now in her mid 80's is finally beginning to realize

that she will probably die before the GT. She told me that she was

taught by the JW's in 1956 that the end was near and that I would

not even make it to high school. (now I have a grandson in high school)

I grew up believing that I would not get old and die. Well, I have gotten

old but I am not dead yet. I know that I will die and have made ample

preperations for my family. I don't know if I believe in a resurrection.

If there is a resurrection it will just be a copy of me, not me.

TooBad TooSad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit