So, there is no everlasting life...

by Quirky1 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... this should also bring up something that many JWs need to think seriously about (or at least my still-living siblings).

You see... my immediate family refused to go out on dates or get married - as they wanted to wait for the 'new system' - when my deceased father would be resurrected - and be able to 'walk them down the aisle' - at their weddings 'in the new system'.

Guess what? Two of my sisters are now deceased... only one sister and my youngest brother remain living. My older sister must now be in her 60's, and my youngest brother is now about 50. By their own teachings... once they die - when they are resurrected... they will no longer be able to get married.

So much for 'waiting'.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Yeah, they 'wait' their lives away.

Waiting to have children in the new system - if one is married and makes it throught (together) the GT that is.

Life is for living now to the fullest and best way a person can. God surely could not object to that.

Witchettygrub

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The evidence is that NOTHING in this cosmos is "everlasting."

Death is a natural process. It is not desirable, but it is natural and inevitable.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

My wife usually says that when a family member or relative dies, she does not want people to console her with the resurrection, because that does not eliminate her grief. She presumably beleives in it, but her reaction makes me think she doubts. She does not admit it, of course, as no TRADITIONAL Witness will. The doubters are more than what we think.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Until the moment AFTER we breathe our last breath, NO ONE can say for sure.

Warlock

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Death of the body is inevitable. Death of our consciousness isn't.

• musky
    musky

Remember the book " Millions now living will never die" How old is that book?

As witnesses, we definitely were told that this world was short lived. I remember thinking in elementary school,that I probably would never make to middle school. When I was in Middle school, I thought I would never make it to high school. Same when I chose a trade and went through years of apprenticeship training. (I was a rebel and sought after a higher education). I now believe I may get old and die someday. That doesen't mean I want to get old and die. I want to live forever under perfect conditions. I want to feel no more pain. No more hatred. I want to pet the wild (now tame) animals in paradise. I don't want to feel tempted by satan anymore. I want to be in that beautiful paradise picture that is drawn out in so many Watchtower publications. It was hard to let go of what I believed to be a sure thing. I believe that is what the Watchtower uses to keep the membership numbers as high as they are (dangling the carrot) . It was hard to realize that some of the Watchtower teachings were not correct, and they may not have the "truth" as they claim.

Now, I know that some witnesses think of me as someone who has given up on Jehovah. That I will not see the beautiful paradise and be destroyed at armageddon. That is sometimes difficult for me to deal with because there is still that tiniest of doubt that always lingers. Beliefs instilled as young children are hard to break I guess.

I guess I should add a few things to the paradise want list: I want to eat all the junk food I want and always be in top shape. I don't want to have to work anymore. I would appreciate it if things just appeared when I wanted them. I would also appreciate it if I did not have to worry about the thousand year loosing of satan to once again temp us all, just in case some truly wicked people made it through armageddon into the paradise. I just don't want to have to worry about that.

As per John Doe's other thread, I used the word "dangling"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is all a scam. They use that to get people in. And then, there are all the conditions to meet if one is to get in. You have to put your whole life on hold (the only one you get for sure) until you die, and then the real life (that is, the one that they made up and that does not really exist) can begin. But only if you have been absolutely faithful to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• Mary
    Mary

Paradise sounds good right about now. My JW brother in law, who I love dearly, most likely has Myelodysplastic Syndrome. We're just waiting to get the results tomorrow, but the nurse indicated that we should be prepared for some bad news. I did some research on this, and while there seems to be some treatments available, the long term prognosis is not good. He's only 53 years old and I can't even imagine what losing him would do to my sister.

Sometimes I wonder why the fuck we're even here to begin with.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

The reason I started this was did not defend her beliefs. She layed no mention to everlating life or a resurrection to a paradise future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit