Today's Foxnews headline = NASA study warns of Solar doomsday 2012!

by Witness 007 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

{Yes another doomsday thread...but blame Foxnews not me}

A study by the "national Academy of Sciences" warns of increasing Solar activity destroying all electrical systems of earth! In 1859 a huge solar flare wiped out the telegraph and exisiting comunications of that period. Luckily there was not as much tecnology as there is in 2009. Today the same event would devastate the world and cause global chaos. Todays Fox news report contiues saying a "peak in solar activity is expected in 2012."

{dont hate me Homerover!}

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Are we going to die? As long as it's quick - I'm cool with that.

• John Doe
    John Doe

So Fox news talks about a "peak of solar activity in 2012" and you take that to mean a doomsday?

Think I'm going to have a ham sandwich for breakfast.

• PEC
    PEC

The solar cycle is 11 years, we are at the minimum now, it will peak in 2012. The 2012 peak predicted to be lower than the 2001 peak, there was no solar doomsday in 2001 and there won't be one in 2012.

Philip

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Joe Doe" Foxnews used the term "Solar Doomsday" not me....."PEC" interesting graph, however near the last peak in 1989 Quebec Canada lost all power....this was not a dooms day though! The "Discovery Channel" {Fear channel} also showed a senario of what could happen if a big one hit...the politians would be hard pressed to shut down the grid to keep it safe...it would take years to replace all the transformers and restore power... No JWN for years, we would have to write letters to each other!

• PEC
    PEC

it would take years to replace all the transformers and restore power

Weeks maybe, months possibly, years not a chance.

Philip

• PEC
    PEC

In 1989, Quebec power grid was down for nine hours.

Philip

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If you see something in the media trying to grab your attention, look in the opposite direction. They are trying to deflect your attention. (And no I dont mean yellowstone.)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey, i lived through the 1989 quebec power outage. I was right in the heart of it, downtown montreal. But, thanks to my faith in jehovah dog, i survived. Shoulda see the panic, looting, and pillaging in the streets, NOT!! Everything was cool. No big deal.

Seems, that some people are intent on fanning the mayan 2012 crap. Those mayans were deminized, yannow.

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We just had this discussed on the Yellowstone geologist thread. It's a cycle that repeats every 11 years. It's no cause for panic. There is always a risk of solar flares, but guess what --- it's not the end of the world!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit