New satiric magazine "THE WITCHTOWER"

by processor 57 Replies latest jw friends

• processor
    processor

Hi folks,

I have published a German magazine called "Erbrechet!" for more than a year now. ("Erbrechet!" means "Vomit!" but sounds like "Erwachet!" which is the German title of "Awake!".)

I decided to translate some "best of" articles into English and publish those as a new magazine called "The Witchtower".

Here is the first issue:

http://svhelden.kilu.de/pdf/witchtower_01_2009.pdf

Witchtower cover

The first issue covers the following topics:

• Clothing – Is it for Christians?
    • Thinking – Be aware of the dangers!
    • Are you ready to fight for the sanctification of Jehovah’s name?
    • Young people ask: Kingdom Melodies – Are they for me?
    • Carnival Celebrations – How important for Christians?

If you find translation errors (and I guess that there are some), do not hesitate to tell me.

Have fun reading!

• rebel8
    rebel8

LMAO-hilarious!

The cows of Bashan gave a fine example of not thinking

One of the songs commands the listeners: “Join the fighting force” (song 209), which is clearly contradictory to the biblical request, not to “learn war anymore” (Is. 2:4) Another song encourages to child abuse with the words: “Use the rod”. (song 164) Lyrics like “What good-for-nothing slaves we are!” (song 73) can cause depression and sense of inferiority.

I had to stop reading because my stomach hurts from laughing.

Good move not using the wts logo, I think they've sued others for that. You could use that statue with the watchtower hat and all the boobs!

PS-Did you know that one of the old publications hinted at jws wanting to kill apostates but not doing so because they'd go to jail?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Can I ask the meaning of "Witchtower"? Is to say they're witches or something? Or is it just one of the only other vowels that can replace A?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's in the apostate dictionary! I don't think he means anything beyond just slang, like "washtowel".

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, I'm with Daniel on this one. Witch means wise woman or wise man. Wit means wise. The mag looks great and the questions are really funny, but are you sure that you want to portray the Watchtower as having wisdom?

I've suggested "Bitchtower," but it didn't take on.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yeah, but so is "ain't" and anyone with an education knows that you don't use it just cuz it's there. "Fuck" and it's variants are in the dictionary, too. It doesn't mean they should be used.

By the way, I love that apostate dictionary!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Dove, I'd wager you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that witch means wise person.

• processor
    processor

Hmm .. any other name suggestions are welcome. "The washtowel" sounds good to me.

The name "witchtower" might be a hint that they are guided by evil spirits (as they say that witches are in contact with those) ...

Regarding that old publication ... I only know German version:

Apostates

It says that apostates had been killed under the mosaic law, but we cannot do that today because we don't live in a theocratic nation, and the worldly law and the "law of the christ" forbid such action - even if the apostates are our relatives.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I like it!!

• White Dove
    White Dove

John Doe,

It's pretty common knowledge that a witless person lacks common sense. Wit=wisdom. Lose your wits about you? You've lost your thinking ability temporarily and are in a panic state.

Research, it's not for everyone. So, stay witless, I don't care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit