Toe Rings

by LouBelle 26 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I found toe rings, anklet chains, and multiple ear piercings to be under the juridisdiction of each elder body. That is, you could go to Congregation A and wear a toe ring without any problem but you could to Congregation B in the same circuit, even one that shared the same KH building, and they would not let you in your card had been transferred to that congregation. Of course, it wasn't a df'ing matter but "privileges" could be taken away.

It certainly did cause problems. In one case where two BOEs were battling over who was "right," they called Headquarters and were told that each BOE decided for their own congregation and not to meddle with the authority of the elders in another.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

BTS : plain or vibrating?

• oompa
    oompa

lou...trust me....dont even be curious....a good lover will not need one..........oompa.......luv ya.....

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Toe Rings look great! More women should wear them.

Dismembered

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

And oompa, pray do tell, where will I find this good, considerate, greek god of a lover?

Lou - of the "I have no lover ..... but that's okay" class

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I can't get the quote feature to work.

I am going to address your ring link, Burn the Ships. Please post a warning before your link if it is XXX. I would rather not have my grandson see the pictures on that wikipedia page. And I agree with Oompa, hopefully a man won't need a ring like that.

I never could figure out where on my toe the toe ring should sit. My toes are not knuckly and they are short toes. My feet are just shy of a size 6. My daughter has long toes and AAA feet. Toe rings look nice on her feet.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Just noticed the pic downpage on the Wiki entry, I never scrolled down when I linked it.

BTS

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't recall any JWs wearing toe rings when I was "in", and I had a couple of ankle bracelets I often wore without ever realizing they were unacceptable in the eyes of many! (Leave it to ME, LOL!) Sometimes ignorance IS bliss......and no one ever approached me on this faux pas! I read about it years after the fact.

There WAS a lot of gossip on a (very nice) sister that had her ears pierced in two places....*I* thought it looked cool.....others apparently felt differently. We ended up with a "local talk" one Thursday night, concerning worldly and multiple piercings and how "Jehovah" felt about these.

hugs,

Annie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had someone tell me my son should not wear necklaces. And I asked why and the sister came up with some Awake experience where some brother was passed over by a mugger because the brother did not wear jewelry. I told her I felt it was a ridiculous conclusion to come to and I let Jesse wear necklaces. That is one of those things that went on my "Things that make you go hmmmm." You know the list? The one where the sister told me not to burn incense. Do you think I listened? Heck no. I figured they light candles in pagan ceremonies and Catholic Churches, but JW's still use candles. The list grew and grew, until I became the gum chewing apostate you all marvel over today.

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

Well I have short stubby toes, so toe rings never looked all that great on me. Now anklets on the other hand I love to wear. I have a few that are bells all the way around it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit