Toe Rings

by LouBelle 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I remember when toe rings were considered a big no no when I was a younger adult. A couple of us ventured out and got them anyway. We were considered a little weak - tho the ring never actually affected us in anyway. No demons possessed the toe. As I got older I noticed that they then kinda became the norm.

I still have a toe ring - it's soo purrty.

Looking to get a very thin, simple ankle bracelet and then a belly chain - they just look so sexy.

• free2think
    free2think

Yeah i remember when i got one with my best friend and i was told i wasnt allowed to wear them. Made me want to wear it even more lol.

I got a really pretty white gold ankle chain last year, its lovely and thing and looks so cute. I also got a toe ring, havent worn it much as the wear has been a bit rubbish over here this summer.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I remember that some of the elders in my congregation used to consider ankle chains a symbol of prostitution. I kid you not! But my wife and daughter would always wear them on holiday!!!!!!

• calico
    calico

I remember my Dad giving me a funny look when he saw my toe ring!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve stubbed my toe on numerous occasions..Even broke a toe once..No matter how hard I`ve hit my toe,I`ve never heard it Ring!...................

Laughing MutleyOUTLAW

• delilah
    delilah

I also wear toe rings, and I love them. They are very pretty!! I like wearing an anklet too, so I decided to have one inked in...permanently.

I remember when it was thought that wearing too many rings was very "worldly"...there were 2 women in the cong. I was in, who wore rings on every finger of both hands....they still do!! And they wear anklets...lol

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Guys:

Ankle chains are always an issue, specially in Spanish speaking congregations here in the US. Even CO's talk agaist them in their speeches sometimes! The absurdity never ends in the WT...

TTRP

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For some reason, I get the idea that toe rings look silly on my tiny toes. They probably don't. Wearr them. It's bizarre and amusing the liberties that the Governing Body and local elders will take in controlling the most minute details of the lives of others. Where do they find the time?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Anyone here wear one of these rings?

Seems to me this one actually serves a useful purpose. I suspect the elders would look askance at these also however.

BTS

• undercover
    undercover
    Ankle chains are always an issue, specially in Spanish speaking congregations here in the US. Even CO's talk agaist them in their speeches sometimes! The absurdity never ends in the WT...

I remember ankle bracelets being a no-no as well...and I was in a plain ole English speaking congregation. What's the big deal about toe rings, ankle bracelets and more than one ear ring for the sisters anyway?

I remember that necklaces and bracelets were counseled against for the brothers. In fact, brothers weren't supposed to "adorn" themselves with anything more than a wristwatch and wedding band as far as jewelry goes. I guess tie pins were okay...never heard anyone bitch about that. But anything else prompted back room counsel sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit