JWs and pirate DVDs

by outofthebox 17 Replies latest jw friends

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    My theory is that since the Watchtower (their common conscience) says nothing about it, they can do it, until something different is told in by the holy bunch of Brooklyn.

Actually there was something about a few years back in the KM, however, most people just ignored it. I know JWs that have full movie collections of pirate DVDs and their not just ripping them from each other. A number of them actually drive into certain areas just to purchase pirate DVDs.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Everyone is doing it so it's dont ask dont tell!

• fokyc
    fokyc

A local elder once asked me for a copy of Adobe Acrobat professional edition

He didn't get it!

Less morals than 'Alley cats',

fokyc

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my mother-in-law get's her weekly "parlor vist" and there's a man there selling pirate DVD's for $4 or $5 each. she comes home with the lastest movie before it comes out to the theatres....

imagine there are people doing this weekly, how much are these movie companies loosing?

worst of all, is that these pirating organizations are sending their profits to china, tax free.

movie making is the one of the only thing keeping the AMERICAN economy stable, and we are sending this $$$ to china?

anyway, a movie costs what? on DVD..... you're still paying $5 for the pirated one? is this worth it?

I personally, pay my $80 a month cable bill, and DVR whatever my movie of choice is......

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I love it when people ridicule me for actually paying for software, and in almost the same breath ask me for a copy of it. Sure, pal, that's why I buy software - so I can turn around and give it away! I suppose I should provide the CD or DVD to burn it to as well, right?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

They don't care about truth or stealing. It's like my old PO told me when I asked him about lying. He told me that it was OK to lie as long as it's not malicious. Such hypocrites.

The Claw.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i love all the justification that comes with the thievery

a young married witness couple bought a house
    and the premium cable was still hooked up....

they obviously had a discussion about it and determined
    that they werent responsible to report it to the company
    since they never ordered cable in the first place...

when i asked: if this error were not occurring
    would you order a cable plan?

answer: yes, but we couldnt afford premium

double standards and double lives..
    they are definitely not without spot from the world!

• minimus
    minimus

Every Bethelite has a fake Rolex too. They pride themselves in getting contraband items.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit