A suggestion to slow down the JW's door-to-door activities

by Melody Blankenship 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I wouldn't put my name and address in a local paper. There is enough spam and junk mail coming in already. They don't come around here very often, the local congregation seems unmotivated. I have seen them 3 times in the few years I lived here. They drag their feet and taking a slow stroll through the neighbourhood.

I heard a knock one Sunday morning, (me still in bed). I get up to check and see the two bro's at my door. Not in any mood to open the door wearing my boxer shorts I go off to get some more presentable attire. Halfway through getting dressed I think, 'stuff that, I am going to ignore them' They did not knock again anyway. Assuming that they must have left already, ( I mean, I WAS sleeping! Who knows how long they were knocking there?) I decide to make some coffee.

Lo and behold! Bro Dingle and Bro Berry are still standing at my door discussing something. I watched for maybe another 3 or 4 minutes how they do nothing but stand talking and pointing out the flowers in the garden. At a slow, death march pace, they walk along the path, and trundle up the road to my neighbour.

The breackneck speed the 'good news' is preached is stunning! So I will just let them get their time, and go home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit