Has your Relationship with your Parents Improved or Regressed as you Aged ?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks Flipper...... it ain't so bad, just the way things are and have been all my life. It is only because the me and my sibs so MUCH!

The silver lining .... is that I never have to cut my own entree into bit size pieces in their presence (and they pre-order a bottle of ketchup

LOL

• MrsFlipperpcout
    MrsFlipperpcout

MINIMUS- Glad you are close to your mother as well !

STILLAJWEXELDER- I'm glad I understood your situation correctly. Good luck with your situation.

YKNOT- I hope your situation improves sometime. It seems family dynamics can get so complicated - especially when the witness thing comes up.

Thought I'd mention this is Mr. Flipper responding - Somehow the administration made an error and logged me on as Mrs. Flipperpcout - and didn't get me my original Flipper password, but another one my wife applied for. A situation I'm sure will be rectified shortly- allegedly. Peace out, Mr. Flipper ( not Mrs Flipperpcout ) Jesus.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My parents still don't speak to me. I strongly suspect I will not be welcome at their funeral, or mentioned in their will.

Well, not unless the religion capsizes under the already topheavy weight of its own falsehoods.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Well my father died about 7 years ago. He was not a witness. He threw me out of the house when I was 19 because I had no direction.

I wasnt going to go to college because the world was going to end in 3 years.

So I never had much of a relationship with him.

My mother she has been out of the tower probably 10 years. I hear from her maybe once a year.

Sometimes on my birthday. I never had much of a relationship with her either.

I realized I had been screwed by 76. I've just been simering since.

My mother told me she was sorry once.

I dont know if she knows what she is sorry for. She didnt elaborate.

I would say my relationship with my mother regressed since I left the tower.

And I never had much of a relationship with my father and now hes dead.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am an orphan. Both of my parents are gone. I worked hard to build a closeness to my mother in her last years. I am very grateful for that. Dad and I were on good terms, though we weren't very close.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My relationship with my parents and sister has not improved. I moved away to get some privacy and put some distance between us. There was too much living in each other's laps. Instead of it going downhill, which it was doing before the move, it has stalled, which is fine for now.

• flipper
    flipper

AULD SOUL- Man - I am so sorry your parents wouldn't even welcome you to their funeral. That's horrible ! Or mention you in their will ? This JW cult sucks.

JAGUAR BASS- Sorry your relationship wasn't too good with your parents . I understand the simmering you mention. It does affect a lot of us ex-witnesses that way.

FLYING HIGH NOW- I'm sorry both your parents are gone sis. I'm glad you got close to your mom before she passed on. Sounds like you had a similar relationship to your dad that I do. On good terms , but not very close. That's me and my dad in a nutshell

• noni1974
    noni1974

My relationship with my father has totaly flipped. He borrows my car and doesn't put gas in it. That used to be my job.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    My mother told me she was sorry once.

jaguarbass:

I'm glad for you that your mother was able to say this to you even if it wasn't for something specific. My mother was never able to say that to me once in her entire life.

• flipper
    flipper

WHITE DOVE- Hopefully you have more privacy now. I know how hard it can be living on top of relatives.

NONI 1974- So your dad borrows your car and doesn't put gas in it ? Sorry to hear that. Bet you won't let him do that if gas goes back up to $ 4.50 per gallon ! LOL! Good luck with that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit