Guys, how do you get a very close shave?

by asilentone 29 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have very tough beard. I will appreciate some tips. Thanks!

• VM44
    VM44

The Gilette multi-bladed "Mach 3" or "Fusion" razors appear to work well along with the proper shaving cream.

Do NOT use the cheap Bic razors! You put your life in danger each time you use one of those!

• caliber
    caliber

Keep the razor and your face as warm as possible for the whole ordeal ! ... Cal

• Finally-Free
  • Vinny
    Vinny

You will owe me for this advice:

I bought a small shower mirror at K-mart many years ago and put it in my shower.

I always put shampoo on my face/beard when washing my hair BEFORE shaving.

I put soap on my face when washing my body BEFORE shaving.

The last thing I do is shave and then it is smooth sailing!

No dirty sinks or rinsing your face and missing shaving cream spots ever.

Just shower it all off and no messes.

My son bought that vibrating razor thingy. (Can't remember the name of it though... --is green with orange strip-- you put a battery in it and it shakes away while you shave.)

That shaking deal was just not for me though.

BUT, the blades for that vibrating razor are much tougher and longer lasting and even sharper than non-vibrating blades.

Sooooo, I buy just those vibrating BLADES and use it on my non-vibrating razor and then I get over a MONTH worth of very close shaves with that thing.

Add that to a in-the-shower-shave and all your problems in the world are solved.

Now, pay up to Vinny for all that world class advice.

: )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Interesting.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I just use the cheap Bics, and keep reusing them as long as I can.

• yknot
    yknot

When I used to shave male patients with a sharp razor (how many blades is up for debate) I would always warm their whiskers up with a hot steam towel for 3-5 minutes.........then the blade would glide across their warm moist lathered skin like butter.......... then always use some non-alcohol aftershave lotion to soothe your skin.

Men are more proned to ingrown hairs...... so you might wanna exfoliate (salt mixed with a little aftershave lotion gently buffed in circles around you bearded-area.

Welll ..... sounds like you are planning on being all spiffed up..... got some New Year's Prospects waiting to meet you for drinks?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I have a very very tough beard combined with EXTREMELY sensitive skin... Not a good combo! For starts I try to ONLY shave in the shower. I don't shave at the beginning of my shower either. I use regular shampoo and wash my face and hair two times lather scrub rinse repeat. I then put a small amount of the same shampoo on my hands get a good lather going rub on my face and shave. I use a Mach 4 bitchrod power bore or some dumb thing I dunno it's got 3 or 4 wicked sharp blades that vibrate slightly and using this formula I've gotten really smooth shaves with no pain or irritation AT ALL. Works really super super well!

A little no fog shower shaving mirror helps too!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm going against the warm water advice. My dad had a tough beard like me. He said to use the coldest water possible so your hair stands up. When finished rinse off with warm water. The hair follicle relaxes and the hairs goes down. It's uncomfortable at times but it works

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit