2009 a bad year for black people

by mtsgrad 57 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot
    Its not something you can teach. My dancing is so bad it was reenacted at my wedding!

What do yall British say...... Bullocks!

In fact dance class is a nice place to meet you next love interest.......and yall already have a mutual hobby!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I learned that studies with mitochondrial DNA shows that all of us have a common ancestor from Africa about 150,000 years ago. On forms I usually check "other" for race since they never have a "human" box, but out of consideration for my African ancestor I have checked the box for "African American" but never for "black" since I am more cappucino colored, or as they say olive skin.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Our government went from white to black 15 years ago. The black south africans rejoiced (rightly so). In order to right past wrongs there was a wave of over compensation, black ppl put into jobs they knew nothing about, reduction in prison sentences - even letting prisoners free. Our next president is a right idiot, he will be president not because he deserves it, but the colour of his skin.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Our government went from white to black 15 years ago. The black south africans rejoiced (rightly so). In order to right past wrongs there was a wave of over compensation, black ppl put into jobs they knew nothing about, reduction in prison sentences - even letting prisoners free. Our next president is a right idiot, he will be president not because he deserves it, but the colour of his skin.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Racism is more alive now than ever. The very ppl that fought against apartheid are openly racist. There was a 'black journalists conference', when others tried to attend they were thrown out, when contested the government saw nothing wrong with discriminating against other races. Are there benefits, some, however our violent crime & corruption are at their highest.

• avishai
  • snowbird
    snowbird

It looks like 2009 is shaping up to be a rough year for ALL people.

Sylvia

• yknot
    yknot

Avishai.... clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2i_ZxLU9bU

So then is 'blackness' in America merely skin deep or does culture/environment/upbringing come into play? I don't think it is a secret that even in the black community racism occurs on the basis of dark to light.

Do we re-institute the one-drop rule, a scale to determine color in multi-racial people, do we go by maternal or paternal, or do label and define by culture? To what end are we setting ourselves up as Americans in order to define a person beyond male, female, and intersexed?.......

In the end he is just a person who wanted and did run for POTUS, it happens ever 4 years here in America.

If Obama turns out to be a puppet for some special interest groups..... well in POTUS' that isn't anything new... just politics as usual !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is exactly one way to eliminate racism, once and for all time. We have to, as a nation, give up attacking racism as a separate issue. That means no more racial quotas in jobs, no more "black" groups (that are sponsored by the government), and no more special privileges for blacks (or whites, for that matter).

In its place, we need to emphasize individual rights. If only that were done, race would be out of the picture automatically. With individual rights, everyone is included. With "black rights", white people are going to be left out plus those rights may not be as good as regular rights. That segregation, whether direct or reverse discrimination, has to go.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think its a good year for black people, They now have a roll model who went to the top.

So if they want to stay on the pity pot, they cant blame being black.

Now the blacks are like evrybody else.

LIfe is hard and it sucks at times and everyone has to fight for their right to party.

But they cant blame life being hard on being black.

But some will and those that do will be stuck in their rut.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit