JWs and Multi-level marketing

by belbab 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dagney
    Dagney

Okay, I will have to put in my .02 about Tahitian noni juice. I wouldn't be without it one day, as well many in my family and others. I still think it's crazy, but I cannot argue with results. I don't care about the business, but I do care about my health. It is worth every penny to me and at the very least, my elderly mother, which I pay for.

MLM is as legit as the people who are using it. I've never used my family or friends as business contacts. NEVER. I would never have even been in this business if it hadn't been for the results in my family, still going strong 5 years now.

The whole "greed" thing and "get rich quick" is regularly emphasized with many MLM companies and it is as distasteful to me as it is to the posters here. It's a BIG turn off. I work hard at a regular J-O-B, thankfully, and I know very few ever achieve financial independence in MLM's. Like in any business, unscrupulous, driven people use people to get ahead.

Don't CO's and DO's take the "vow of poverty?" If they do, and working for extra income goes against the vow (I remember someone posted a copy of the vow here), then he should have been removed, which it seems like he was. If earning extra income is not against the vow, then he should have known better than to use his "brothers" as his market. Very bad.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I have family members that have been pressured by a brother to buy the noni from him.

this family member of mine has enough financial problems without this high $$$$ item.

when I visited Tahiti, nobody there was selling this stuff

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

My wife was also invited by a witness to a party.

well guess what? my wife came home with a $30+ candle. I told her why she bought it, and said she was pressured by seeing everybody else.

I can't imagine a candle costing this much, even a yankee candle?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I saw a booth for that stuff at a community event. Does it look like a bottle of wine?

The booth was giving out little cups of free samples. While I picked up mine I over heard the people running the booth say: "People aren't signing up, they are just taking the samples. "

ROFLMAO... I almost felt bad for them.

They were trying to get everyone to put their names, addresses and phone numbers on little pieces of paper so they could try to sell to the people, but no one wanted to.

MLM people just don't understand the concept of free samples.

I looked it up and was SHOCKED at how expensive it was. For the same price I could buy a VERY nice bottle of wine.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dagney:

Okay, I will have to put in my .02 about Tahitian noni juice. I wouldn't be without it one day, as well many in my family and others. I still think it's crazy, but I cannot argue with results. I don't care about the business, but I do care about my health. It is worth every penny to me and at the very least, my elderly mother, which I pay for.

having met you I can bet you wouldnt get sucked into a scam...you seem too smart for that. I have heard mixed results and studies about Noni juice (and now Pomegranate juice [at the aforementioned $120/case] is the next MLM making the rounds). If Noni works for you and your mom then I am very happy that you are getting results and not paying for nonsense. When my dad was alive, it was Aloe Vera juice MLM that was making the rounds... I wouldnt drink it, but it does have proven curative properties. I would likely have a very serious burn scar if not for the juice from an aloe plant.

At the recommendation from, of all professionals, my dentist, I do take a supplement that seems to work, though some scoff, along with a multivitamin. However, I found a peer-reviewed study that confirms my personal results on the supplement. However, I dont buy this particular supplement through a MLM... I buy it at any ol grocery store.

I think the point of all of this is that, like many cults, MLM preys on certain base needs and desires of people... just like the JWs do.

Snakes ()

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The latest craze is called Mona-Vie juice.

It is from the acai berry.

Instead of paying 45 dollars MLM, you can find a much better quality of freeze dried acai powder in some stores.

And then there was Limu-Moi.

Always something exotic from somewhere else!

Fact is, there are plants right in your area that probably have the same properties of healing.

When you purchase bottled juices, most have preservatives added. Some have been heated to high temps, and some have been irradiated before juicing, and some have sulfites.

How can a product really be effective for healing when one of these required procedures for marketing has destroyed the nutritional value?

What you are really paying for is the hype and the down line.

I run pomegranate seeds through my wheatgrass juicer. I also use it for fresh mulberries.Sometimes I add sparkling water.

I have purchased an occassional bottle of Muskadine grapejuice from the grocery store. Much cheaper than those MLM jobs, but still has sulfer dioxide in it.

One of the first things I ask now when somebody tries to sell me s*** is "Are you a JW?"

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Think of it in terms of business models. <$> is money changing hands for product, simplified example here.

Traditional retail:
    Factory <$> Distributor <$> Retailer <$> Consumer

Outlet:
    Factory <$> Outlet <$> Consumer

MLM:
    Factory <$> MLM company <$> Distributor <$> Distributor <$> Distributor <$> Distributor <$> Distributor <$> Distributor <$> Consumer

That is a lot of useless eaters getting a cut of the (usually inflated) retail price. It won't work at all for most everyday products, so that is why they invent unique products so they have a monopoly on that, then they have to hype its utility value to get the consumer to pay the inflated price.

• honeycrippen12
    honeycrippen12

MLM are not always bad, there are some good things behind them. It's the people who recruit you who make the difference. My upline is very friendly and gave me a lot of tips on personal development. It is not a scheme, it is a very pleasant dream! A dream that will come true if you are willing to pursue it with all your desire.Thanks for ur sharing guys...

Fantaz mlm

• JRK
    JRK

Money for nothin', and your chicks for free.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit