Will people be studying the Bible 48,000 years from now?

by VM44 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

Will people still study the Bible 48,000 years from now?

or will enough time have passed for the Bible to have become irrelevent?

Will the Jehovah's Witnessess then still be saying that "the time left is reduced" and "Armageddon is just around the corner"?

• blondie
    blondie

I figure that the Bible was for imperfect people and supposedly at the end of the 1,000 year reign, people on earth will be deemed faithful and perfect and worthy of everlasting life. After all supposedly, how many laws did Adam and Eve have......just one and that was meant to be temporary because the WTS teaches that eventually, they would have been allowed to eat of the tree.

If we take all factors into consideration and assume that current trends will continue, we can be quite certain that the Bible would have long become irrelevant by the year 50,009. I predict that christianity will die a peaceful death in most of the world during the 21st and 22nd centuries. The third world will hold on to their beliefs for quite a while longer. Maybe even untill the 30th century. But if everything goes to plan we should all be first world countries by then.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There's hardly anybody "studying" the Bible now. Certainly, Roman Catholics don't,
    and most Protestants don't. JW's don't study the Bible except in little snippets.

None of the religions established several several thousands of years ago are still
    practiced. Possibly, you could count some tribal religions of Africa, but really
    they are not the same as they were. Same will be true of today's religions. They
    will be gone.

Call me on it in 48,000 years if I am wrong.

• poppers
    poppers
    just one and that was meant to be temporary because the WTS teaches that eventually, they would have been allowed to eat of the tree.

Really? What makes them think that? Isn't that pretty presumptuous?

• Simon
    Simon

I don't give it 1000 years, even 100 years is doubtful ... the human race kinda grew up fast in the last 100 years.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

How many take the Egyptian gods seriously today? You're talking more than 10 times longer than the distance that seperates us from ancient Egypt. I doubt anybody will even remember the Bible. Maybe, if civilization doesn't collapse and there's some kind of continuity for the next 48,000 years people will look at the Bible as a historical curiousity like the Egyptian book of the dead.

• moshe
    moshe

-three more generations, tops- Unless a disaster takes us back to the dark ages.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the Washtowel Slaveholdery is successful in buying out the governments, they will be the official religion, permanently, and worldwide. Anyone that thinks will be stoned to death. We will be plunged into the Second Dark Ages, and the Washtowel will (unlike the early Catholic church) have the technology to monitor the corners of society to prevent another Renaissance. 48,000 years later, the whole world (if man hasn't become extinct because of Witless policies) will still all be Jehovah's Witlesses with a life expectency of 30 years. And still in a "state of emergency".

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As long as there are people who are easily manipulated someone will try to shove religion down their throats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit