...Over 6 million Served...

by OUTLAW 32 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BlueBlades.."It goes real fast when they have planted answers in the audience."..Yes I`ve seen that before.."Snakes in the Tower" was talking about that in one of his posts"..He used to do that!........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

I used to liven up the WT study with outside information.

The young people would listen raptly. Afterwards, each and every one asked if I was a teacher!

I remember there was a study about the temple guards having to stay awake during their watches or they risked the humiliation of being stripped naked and having their garments set on fire.

It was mentioned that the hardest watch was the one just before dawn, because at that time, most are befuddled and disoriented.

I brought in a history lesson about General Custer and how he almost invariably raided the Native American camps at dawn; that was why he was called Son of the Morning Star.

You could hear a pin drop as I recounted this; even the WT conductor was impressed! I wonder how that would go over now?

Gotta love them!

Sylvia

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings and Happy New Year, OUTLAW:

Creativity, individualism and emotion - if not totally wiped out by the WTB&TS - are strictly regulated.

I thought it peculiar that, as I understood it, each elder could decide whom he would or would not call on. Some called on me, some didn't.

Their loss ...

(((sigh)))

Thanks,

CoCo

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

The faster it is over with. The more time to go out and smoke and have few beers. You just gotta love this crap.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Fast Spiritual Food for the Chosen!!..Only at your local McKingdom Hall!

Don't you mean spiritual fast food?

It feels like real food but beware of the side effects:

Clogs your spiritual heart.

Causes "stroke like symptoms" where your brain shuts down.

Takes away the ability to do real work with your brain, causing mental inactivity

This causes you to become a mental blob.

In other words, you become a spiritual fat ass, spoon fed mouthfull after spoon fed mouthfull.

Don't forget the new Mcwitness Game of Monopoly!! Come to each meeting, scratch off the game piece, and see if you have won eternal life!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Mcwitnesses'. I love it.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SnowBird/Sylvia..I love your story!..I`m sure people must have livened up just to see you walk into the Kingdom Hall..You were one of those that could think and answer outside of the WBT$ Box.....Did you know the first Watchtower was printed the same year "General George Armstrong Custer died at Little Big Horn"?.....I think now your creativity would be squashed in a Kingdom Hall..That`s sad..Depressed........................................................Good Afternoon Coco!!..Happy New year to you too!!.....I think most would have loved to hear your comments..Your very entertaining here,I`m sure you would be more so in real life..Yes,I agree..Their loss...............................................................Is there help out there.. "The faster it is over with. The more time to go out and smoke and have few beers. You just gotta love this crap.".....If they find out your smoking it could be over faster than you think!.. Smoking 4..LOL!!..............................................................AllTimeJeff.."Don't forget the new Mcwitness Game of Monopoly!! Come to each meeting, scratch off the game piece, and see if you have won eternal life!"..I agree with Satanus..Thats Funny!!.....The Spiritual Fast food the WBT$ serves up is Served with a spoon..Jehovah`s Witness`s are`nt ready for solid food..Baby 3..LOL!!................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird
    SnowBird/Sylvia..I love your story!..I`m sure people must have livened up just to see you walk into the Kingdom Hall..You were one of those that could think and answer outside of the WBT$ Box.....Did you know the first Watchtower was printed the same year "General George Armstrong Custer died at Little Big Horn"?.....I think now your creativity would be squashed in a Kingdom Hall..That`s sad..

Outlaw, I believe you're thinking of the year when Russell met Barbour and helped him finance his foundering publication, The Midnight Cry & Herald of Christ's Return. That was 1876, the year Custer & his forces met defeat at Little Big Horn.

Russell and Barbour had a subsequent falling out over the Ransom, and in 1879, Russell began to print his own journal, Zion's Watchtower & Herald of Christ's Presence.

They were all offshoots of the Adventist Millerite Movement that expected Christ to return in 1844. They took no note of anything else happening in the world unless it directly impacted their little circle. The Molly Maguires started close by Russell's hometown, yet he made no mention of them!

Their legacy lives on in the modern WTB$.

I love your posts, man.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snow Bird..Yep your right..Custer died in 1876..First he screws up at Little Big Horn..Then he mess`s up my post to you..LOL!!......The Indians never took Custer seriously!..Here`s a pic of him on his horse..Cavalry Charge..................................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!!!

You're a mess, Outlaw.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit